No announcement yet.

Seeking the wisdom of investors.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MrFun. I can not provide you advise. However, if I was in your situation, I would invest in an index linked fund, probably one that is based in your country and is not overly exposed to companies that you have little knowledge of.

But that's me.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by DanS View Post
      I would say that if you are investing with a limited bankroll, it rarely makes sense to invest in individual companies. As such, I wouldn't look at 10-Ks and the like, unless you're interested and curious about the financial situation of a company.

Personally, I look at my investments every day. But I could get by with glancing at them once every half year or so. By all means, it makes me no richer to look at them every day.
      Okay. And for the record, I'm not going to start investing in anything until I have read and learned more about the basics of investing/financing. I think I'm going to start by borrowing a copy of Investing for Dummies from a library and see what other resources I can find.
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

That is, if you don't understand a term or sector reference, avoid the fund that it invests in.
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I had someone once ask me how do you invest in options. I told them you don't, and more importantly YOU don't. Some people... invest in what you know, and HOW you know. Anyone who attempts to use "invest" as a pseudonym for "trade" is a nutter
          Monkey!!!

Comment

Went to public library today and checked out:

Every Man a Speculator: A History of Wall Street in American Life

The Stock Market (Greenwood Guides to Business and Economics)

The Pocket Idiot's Guide for Investing in Mutual Funds

Investing Online for Dummies

Stock Investing for Dummies (3rd edition)

Comment

MrFun, seriously, you're going to lose all your money you invest.
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I would if I started investing without knowing anything about investing. Which is why I'm reading, researching, and inquiring the basics of investing first before I even start.

Comment

Working...
                X