Americans, control your women!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
    You should be afraid of a government capable enough to stage 9/11.
    Speaking of making sense.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Thanks for the dullard's opinion. Post again when you know what's going on.
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by HalfLotus View Post
        I'm not afraid of the U.S. government, I'm pissed off at it.
        Why? Because you feel sorry for this woman?
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
          Thanks for the dullard's opinion. Post again when you know what's going on.
          If you think our government is capable of it (and keeping it a secret) or actually did it, You should just give up posting due to lack of a brain.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
            Why? Because you feel sorry for this woman?

No, because it's run by crooks and liars.

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
              If you think our government is capable of it (and keeping it a secret) or actually did it, You should just give up posting due to lack of a brain.
              psst . . . . Dashi was not being serious
              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Do you think they were incapable due to lack of competence or because they care about American lives? Just curious.

Comment

Aaand the charges for these deadly, extremist, violent, jihadist terr'ists is:

"Making menacing phone calls" & "failing to produce a passport"

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...206318520.html

Scary stuff!

5 months of investigation into Jihad Jane & God knows how much taxpayer money, and that's what we got. The prosecutor couldn't even get the judge to set a bail.

Comment

More likely DaShi was poking fun at the previous poster.
                    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

I never poke fun at anyone. That implies I'm not being mean-spirited! :angy: :wiglaf:
                      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Fine, you were being an ******* towards the previous poster.
                        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Thank you
                          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by HalfLotus View Post
                            Now that we've all been sufficiently frightened by this alleged 'homegrown' terr'ist (who was evidence of the 'evolution of terrorism' according to hysterical western headlines), she's been quietly released without charges.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...Tabs%3Darticle

Few will recall or even notice that she's been released, but the image of 'Jihad Jane' served the purpose of scaring sissy Americans out of their wits.

Noone was frightened. Noone was scared, let alone out of their wits. Frankly, the story of people trying to kill a cartoonist is, for the vast majority of semi-rational people, the interesting part. That it was an ugly western "woman" hardly plays into our fascination. Sure, it sucks that a western person could be so easily brainwashed but, let's be honest, we see it to lesser degrees most days; nonetheless, everyone remains aware that for every one 'homegrown' terrorist there are a thousand foreign ones and for every blond terrorist there are ten thousand of, well, you know who. Don't think or pretend for one minute that suddenly terrorism has or had become something homegrown or "evolved" (and let's not let those connotations go to waste) to any significant extent (that being, statistically, >5%).

Really, I find it amusing that you thought this frightened anyone except the cartoonist in question. Actually, Sweden being targeted was rather a relief... some time, effort and resources (and, presumably valuable agents) were spent on Sweden - that's outright incompetent.

It was stupid. That's it. Nobody could believe how stupid it was. No horror, sorry. I still say it's a dude.
                            Last edited by Ecofarm; March 17, 2010, 00:00.
                            Everybody knows...Democracy...One of Us Cannot be Wrong...War...Fanatics

Comment

Get real, Eco.

According to the OP article, the FBI is afraid:

"LaRose represents one of the worst fears of intelligence and FBI analysts focused on identifying terrorist threats"

And according to ABC, the UK's Times, and scores of other media, you should be too.

'Jihad Jane's' Arrest Raises Fears About Homegrown Terrorists

Jihad Janes spread fear in suburban US

Jihad Jane arrest raises fears of "homegrown terrorists,

'Jihad Jane's' Arrest Raises Fears About Homegrown Terrorists

This is fearmongering, plain as day.

Comment

It was not "fearmongering". The media was claiming that this was a fear of some agencies, for the purpose of sensationalism. You not only bought into the sensationalism, but assume many others did. You're wrong.

Nobody actually got scared (or "out of their wits"). That's what you fail to understand. I don't know a single person that gave a crap about this. Another crazy person - big deal. If asked about her, a majority of people on my block would not know who you are talking about.

You get real. What kind of imaginary box do you live in? You claimed Americans (as in, citizens, normal people) were scared out of their wits. Why don't you go ask some people if Jihad Jane made them extra scared?

Did "she" make you scared? Do you ever go outside?
                                Last edited by Ecofarm; March 17, 2010, 10:53.
                                Everybody knows...Democracy...One of Us Cannot be Wrong...War...Fanatics

Comment

Working...
                                X