Russia Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How the **** this is different?

If your English wasn't terrible, you'd know.
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Serb View Post
      No mountain.

Guess what country is this:
      Russia?

And who is that smokin' hot man-stud?
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
        Russia?
        Nope. Not yet, at least. But it's a really beautiful country.

And who is that smokin' hot man-stud?
        I guess Drake is right, my English is terrible. I have no idea what man-stud means. Anyway, what do you mean who is this? That are my last summer holidays pics. Haven't you seen page 2 of this thread? God damn winter, I want a vacation so much.
        Last edited by Serb; March 11, 2010, 01:18.

Comment

Originally posted by Serb View Post
          Nope. Not yet, at least. But it's a really beautiful country.

I guess Drake is right, my English is terrible. I have no idea what man-stud means. Anyway, what do you mean who is this? That's my last summer holidays pics. Haven't you seen page 2 of this thread? God damn winter, I want a vacation so much.
          Oh, my, that's you?

I haven't been this turned on since the last Meatloaf music video I saw.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
            Oh, my, that's you?
            Who else?

Comment

Serb
              Russia
              Putin
              Ovechkin

Comment

Serb, please spread the word. We come in peace.

Convinced Canada was dangerous, Russian family commits suicide

lagued by the belief that Prime Minister Stephen Harper was controlling his mind with psychotropic weapons, and facing deportation back to Canada, where he had refugee status, a mysterious Russian man named Serguei Serykh leaped to his death on Sunday along with his wife, Tatiana, and 21-year-old stepson.

The family of three committed suicide in Glasgow, Scotland, on the day they were to be evicted from their temporary home, provided by the British government while they attempted to win asylum with a bizarre tale of government conspiracy that prevented their return to Toronto.

Their bodies were found at the base of a decrepit apartment building called the Red Road towers, home to hundreds of refugee claimants hoping to win permanent entry into the U.K. The Serykh family lived on the 15th floor, and reportedly used a piece of furniture to break through the plastic fencing on their balcony before they jumped together, holding hands.

Like their neighbours, the Russians had arrived at their new home with a story of persecution, and looking for protection. But the details of Mr. Serykh's tale reveal he was most likely a victim of his own mind.

"I have never encountered a case, and neither have any of my colleagues, where someone is seeking asylum from Canada," Glasgow North East MP Willie Bain said yesterday. "It really was the most extraordinary application."

Asylum seekers hold a vigil for a Russian family who committed suicide by leaping from their apartment building in Glasgow. Jeff J. Mitchell/Getty Images

Asylum seekers hold a vigil for a Russian family who committed suicide by leaping from their apartment building in Glasgow.

Two weeks before his death, the 43-year-old Mr. Serykh walked into Mr. Bain's office asking for help.

His request for asylum had recently been denied, and he had received a letter saying his family would lose the apartment they had been provided while awaiting their claim. The family had arrived in London, England, in November, 2007, and moved to Glasgow in late 2009.

Mr. Serykh told the MP that the Canadian government and its security forces were using mind-bending psychotropic weapons to intimidate and terrorize his family. He said that Mr. Harper, along with Russian co-conspirators, was attempting to assassinate the Queen of England, something he had apparently warned her of in a letter.

Mr. Bain said it was instantly clear that his visitor did not "have a clear sense of reality," but that many other parts of his story were true.

The Serykhs had arrived in Canada in 2000, and their refugee status was approved. An official in Ottawa familiar with the case confirmed yesterday that Mr. Serykh became a "protected person" as defined by Canada's refugee laws in October, 2005. Mr. Bain said Mr. Serykh and his family had also won permanent residency in Canada, although his application for Canadian citizenship had been denied in 2006. The family had entered the U.K. on legitimate Canadian passports that have since expired, and Mr. Bain said his government's Home Office had recently contacted Canadian authorities to get the family new travel documents for their trip home, although no deportation order had yet been issued.

But while Mr. Serykh had every right to return to Canada, he was convinced it was too dangerous.

In the Russian's asylum claim, he identifies himself as a former KGB agent.

When his Canadian citizenship application was denied, he began accusing Mr. Harper and his security forces of pumping radiation into his Toronto home, changing his brain patterns. He believed the Canadian government had used the same weapon against him after he fled the country in 2007, targeting him across Europe.

Mr. Serykh also produced letters he claimed were from the Canadian government and contained anthrax. The documents were checked by police and found to be harmless.

Despite his wild claims, Mr. Serykh had no outward appearances of mental illness, Mr. Bain said.

Tall and distinguished, with a slight grey tint to his hair, Mr. Serykh was well-dressed and articulate. He spoke perfect English and did not seem emotional or depressed. His stepson was with him when they visited the MP's office, and reiterated his father's belief that they could not return to Canada.

Mr. Bain said the British files did not make it clear why the Russian family had won refugee status in Canada, although he speculated that Mr. Serykh may have actually worked for the Russian government. He said there is no indication the family was forced to leave Canada, as some British newspaper reports claimed.

"It appears that he left of his own volition," Mr. Bain said.

Comment

Old news. Though nobody still confirmed this poor crazy fellow was ever a Russian citizen (not to mention a Russian secret service agent).

I blame Brits for that. They should have put him (and probably his wife too) into mental health clinic to prevent the tragedy.

Comment

I agree, the Brits are to blame.

They don't value Russian lives.

Comment

• I can't believe Serb is an adult. I pictured a 16 - 21 year old. How can someone be a nationalist and a grown-up? I can't really understand US nationalists, but Russian nationalists? You've g0t to be freaking kidding me. That's like the special olympics declaring themselves superior or equal to the real olympics. It's laughable. I'd laugh more, but US nationalists are rather horrendous.
                      Last edited by Ecofarm; March 11, 2010, 12:07.
                      Everybody knows...Democracy...One of Us Cannot be Wrong...War...Fanatics

Comment

• How the f*ck an adult anarchist is less laughtable?

Comment

• Don't let Ecofarm bother you, Serb.

He doesn't love his country like we love ours. It's easy when we have magnificent countries.

Comment

• Russia

Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• ugh
                              KH FOR OWNER!
                              ASHER FOR CEO!!
                              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Damn, when Asher finally detonates this bomb of a thread...
                                Poor Serb.
                                Graffiti in a public toilet
                                Do not require skill or wit
                                Among the **** we all are poets
                                Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Working...
                                X