X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Japher View Post
    get an ace bandage and wrap your foot until it starts feeling better
    also, wear boots or shoes with good ankle support
    I know about this. I was just hoping it would have healed by now without having to do this.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
      Amputate the leg. It's the only way to be sure.
      You've seen too many Saw movies.

Comment

I sprained my ankle real bad at the beginning of January. During the sprain the ligaments actually pulled a piece of bone from my ankle. Crutches for two weeks. Wrapped for a month, and even now it is weak and probably will be for several more months.

Try doing little exercises while at your desk like spelling your name with your foot in the air for 30 minutes. This will help strenghten your ankle. The worst part about ankle sprains is not waiting for the ligaments to heal, but the fact that while you are favoring your ankle it gets less use and becomes weak overall, making you very likely to simply sprain it again in the future.
        "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Maybe it wouldn't hurt as much if you tried loosening your ankle-cuffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos View Post
            I sprained my ankle real bad at the beginning of January. During the sprain the ligaments actually pulled a piece of bone from my ankle. Crutches for two weeks. Wrapped for a month, and even now it is weak and probably will be for several more months.

Try doing little exercises while at your desk like spelling your name with your foot in the air for 30 minutes. This will help strenghten your ankle. The worst part about ankle sprains is not waiting for the ligaments to heal, but the fact that while you are favoring your ankle it gets less use and becomes weak overall, making you very likely to simply sprain it again in the future.
            Damn, sorry to hear that you had such complications with your sprain. I try to keep my ankle's strength as it heals, by walking on it - but I walk a little differently due to the minor pain.

Comment

Weeks, huh? Welcome to old age.
              I'm consitently stupid- Japher
              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Comment

The funny thing was it was on the first run after New Years when I start working out again. Football season and the holiday's take a toll on my fitness, and I was all motivated to get back into the gym. My first run of the year...
                  "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Japher View Post
                    get an ace bandage and wrap your foot until it starts feeling better
                    also, wear boots or shoes with good ankle support

Had you done it immediately, you'd probably be healed by now. Just keep waiting though. Why change now?
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post

Had you done it immediately, you'd probably be healed by now. Just keep waiting though. Why change now?
                      Damn it - who gave Slowwy the password to get into this thread?

Comment

**** it. I SUPPOSE I can try to find time after work tomorrow to buy the stupid bandages.

Comment

Don't put yourself out any. Maybe it will magically heal.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

They are like $5, is that somehow beyond your means?

Comment

He complained about the time, not the money.
                              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

And BTW Mr. Fun, do NOT keep it wrapped while sleeping.

Comment

Working...
                                X