No announcement yet.

Iran captures CIA-backed terrorist leader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love it when people accuse the US of meddling and being imperial. Truth is, we don't really want 51st states, we just like to crush problems before they become too big.

By "we" I mean I'm generalizing a country of 300 million people. >_>
    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Ecofarm
      We don't want puppets. We want democracy. That's how it has changed. Try a little harder to keep up with the times.
      So what? "You" want revenge, cheap energy and low wages too. What's telling is what "you" do to what end.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecofarm View Post
        We don't want puppets. We want democracy. That's how it has changed. Try a little harder to keep up with the times.
        Eh, I don't really care if they're democratic provided they don't fly their planes into our buildings anymore. And our current process of generating democracies isn't much different from our previous process of puppetry, except now we're not getting cheap resources or reliable markets for shoddy exports. Instead we have an imitation political system clumsily grafted onto a society that never really wanted it.

I kinda miss the good ol' days of gunboat diplomacy.
        1011 1100
        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

I don't recall Iranians flying planes into American buildings. I do recall the U.S. overthrowing Iranian governments for the past half century, so who'd blame 'em if they did?

Folks are quick to identify propaganda from Iran and elsewhere, but are apparently are oblivious to the fact that their own government's propaganda dominates western media outlets, and is far more effective than a lone state-run media outlet in Iran.

Comment

But none of that proves your point.
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

My view was established about 15 posts ago, try to keep up. The U.S. supports terrorists in Iran.

Now we're just swatting down Eco's nonsense that the U.S. is intervening to establishing 'democracy'.

Comment

No one caeres about your view. You can't prove that leader of Jundullah was supported by the US.
                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Or that they are a terrorist organization. Considering the Iranian government, they could be journalists or a women's rights group.
                  Everybody knows...Democracy...One of Us Cannot be Wrong...War...Fanatics

Comment

Originally posted by HalfLotus View Post
                    My view was established about 15 posts ago, try to keep up.
                    Establishing your POV =! Proving your hypothesis
                    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Working...
                    X