Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avatar protest at West Bank barrier

Palestinian protesters pose as Na'vi from "Avatar"

JERUSALEM — Palestinian protesters have added a colorful twist to demonstrations against Israel's separation barrier, painting themselves blue and posing as characters from the hit film "Avatar."

The demonstrators also donned long hair and loincloths Friday for the weekly protest against the barrier near the village of Bilin.

They equated their struggle to the intergalactic one portrayed in the film.

Israel says the barrier is needed for its security. Palestinians consider it a land grab.

The protests have become a symbol of opposition. They often end in clashes with Israeli security forces involving stones and tear gas.

The "Avatar" protest comes a day after the Israeli government began rerouting the enclosure to eat up less of the Palestinian village.

Palestine

So... what's the conspiracy?
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Easy....you see the blue guy? And the color of the thumbsup smilies here at poly? See???
      Blah

Comment

So they still have access to the latest movies ? My conclusion is that the Israelis are doing something wrong...
        "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

So, in addition to being stuck in a corral, they look like idiots. Great.
          1011 1100
          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

It's nice to see that the barriers aren't stopping the flow of drugs in.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
              So, in addition to being stuck in a corral, they look like idiots. Great.
              I actually think it's a pretty clever form of raising awareness and engendering sympathy. There are a lot of parallels.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

No, "colorful" protests are just a bad legacy of the sixties. Nobody pays attention to the plight of stupid-looking people. Of course, in this case nobody paid attention to their plight anyway so there was nothing to lose except their dignity.

Also, there are numerous flaws. This being the real world, for example, if they all banded together in a show of plucky resistance Israel would still kick their asses. And Allah wouldn't make the camels come and save them.
                1011 1100

Comment

The Palestinians realize that the Navi worshiped a Gaia type god right? I assume all of these people will be summarily executed via Sharia for impersonating infidels.
                  "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                    Nobody pays attention to the plight of stupid-looking people.
                    Thats an impressive contradiction. No one pays attention to them yet here we are talking about them.
                    Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Originally posted by Snotty View Post
                      Thats an impressive contradiction. No one pays attention to them yet here we are talking about them.
                      Well said. It appears that you get more attention when you look stupid, than when people take your land away from you.
                      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos View Post
                        The Palestinians realize that the Navi worshiped a Gaia type god right? I assume all of these people will be summarily executed via Sharia for impersonating infidels.
                        To be fair, I only see one guy. And my guess is that's probably the total amount of blue arabs in Gaza.
                        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

That would be an incorrect guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Snotty View Post
                            Fine. Nobody does anything about the plight of stupid-looking people. 'Kay?
                            1011 1100

Comment

Originally posted by Theben View Post
                              To be fair, I only see one guy. And my guess is that's probably the total amount of blue arabs in Gaza.
                              We don't know if he's arab, do we? There's westerners over there protesting.
                              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Working...
                              X