No announcement yet.

‘Avatar’ sinks ‘Titanic’ as world's biggest movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It goes way beyond the visual effects. I'm not even talking about them, although they were great.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Pray tell, what was so great about it? The incredibly detailed plot that was completely original, not at all predictable, and completely lacking in things that made no ****ing sense?

Comment

Why don't you go write a Care Bears movie? Turn them into sluts and pimps. That's original.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

For once Wiglaf is being more accurate than another poster
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Just carry on your conversations with bots and dl's. Forget talking about anything other than WPC and Obama's latest screw up.
            Then you can sit and wonder about what happened to Poly.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
              Why don't you go write a Care Bears movie? Turn them into sluts and pimps. That's original.
              Order of the Fly
              Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

the pacing in avatar is among the best i have ever seen. even tho it got a stupied predictable story, a tacky love story and alot of silly puff magic it never got a dull moment.

also your pretty sad if you cant enjoy a movie cus it got a diffrent political view then you.

Comment

It is a dumb and totally predictable story - but the movie is still totally awesome.
                  Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by a.kitman View Post
                    the pacing in avatar is among the best i have ever seen. even tho it got a stupied predictable story, a tacky love story and alot of silly puff magic it never got a dull moment.

also your pretty sad if you cant enjoy a movie cus it got a diffrent political view then you.
                    Right the pacing was very well done (unlike, say, The Dark Knight, which was otherwise a clearly superior movie but had godawful pacing) and generally good craftmanship and it did a good job of having the cliches make some degree of sense. The biggest flaw was that the individual lines were either boring or cringe-worthy. If they'd kept exactly the same cliched structure but hired a really good script writer to rework all of the lines in the same plot structure it would have been much better. Hell, I'd have preferred some 300-style cheese since I can't remember a single quotable line in the entire movie.

The actors did the best that could be expected of them with their boring lines. I thought that the actor of the villain did a decent job with physical affectations (ever-present coffee mug, etc.).
                    Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

How can a three hour movie have good pacing? Almost every scene was extraneous. People who compliment "good pacing" are just bull****ting because the plot blows and they need to say something positive to justify their stupid belief that the movie was good. It is like saying someone is theatrical instead of coming right out and calling them gay. Let's not hide behind it with bull****ting.

Robocon's post is the best in the thread, followed closely by this one.

Comment

It makes perfect sense that you would have that opinion.

Comment

Your post has good pacing.

Comment

I don't think that Avatar is suddenly bigger than Titanic. Sure, it's taken more money already, but from far fewer people actually watching it.

Comment

Originally posted by duke o' york View Post
                              I don't think that Avatar is suddenly bigger than Titanic. Sure, it's taken more money already, but from far fewer people actually watching it.

Yep. Comparing dollars brought in from movies released 12+ years apart is silly.
                              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by a.kitman View Post

I totally agreed with the politics of the movie. It was just dumb & predictable.
                                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Working...
                                X