‘Avatar’ sinks ‘Titanic’ as world's biggest movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ‘Avatar’ sinks ‘Titanic’ as world's biggest movie

I watched this last night, at http://www.watch-movies-online.tv/ .
    I hadn't ready any plot summaries. I'd just seen commercials and saw it rising up the box office records and I figured I wouldn't like it, despite all. It was great.

LOS ANGELES - James Cameron is king of the world again.

20th Century Fox said Tuesday that the director's sci-fi spectacle, "Avatar," has passed his shipwreck saga "Titanic" to become the highest-grossing film worldwide.

As of Monday, "Avatar" had brought in $1.859 billion at the box office, passing the $1.843 billion worldwide record set by 1997's "Titanic."

"Titanic" remains the highest-grossing film domestically at $600.8 million.

"Avatar" has been No. 1 at the box office for six straight weeks with a domestic total of $554.9 million. It shot down "The Dark Knight" on Saturday to become the second highest-grossing film domestically.

"Avatar" has also mined $1.3 billion in international ticket sales, smashing the $1.24 billion mark previously set by "Titanic."
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Hello, I see that you are using a clever play on words. Please, never do this again.
    RoboCon v2.1.1

Comment

Get your JIZZ OFF ME. James Cameron's "Avatar" is little more than a thinly veiled insult to the troops serving in Iraq. Director's decision to mock "shock and awe" rhetoric and mirror 9/11 with his faggy Indian tree is truly lamentable.

Cf. http://www.filmclub.es/wp-content/up...Pocahontas.jpg

Comment

"Shock and Awe" was way before 9/11, dickhead. Learn your facts before you run your mouth.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

I DID NOT DISPUTE THAT BUT IT'S REFERENCE IN THIS MOVIE IS A CLEAR IRAQ WAR REFERENCE SINCE THAT IS WHEN IT RE-ENTERED COMMON LEXICON. You might like rewatching Pochohantas except with worse dialogue, but for the rest of us who respect those serving in Iraq whose balls have dropped and who actually read FA HAYEK, this movie was predictable. Indians should stick to video poker and not lobbying JAMES CAMERON .
          Last edited by Wiglaf; January 27, 2010, 00:55. Reason: SPOILER ALERT THE 3D EFFECT MADE ME VOMIT

Comment

No it's not, idiot.

Comment

Titanic was much better than Avatar.
              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

For a girl. For a girly girl at that.

Comment

IMDB, unless you can come up with a better reference.
                  Titanic 7.3/10

Comment

What was the last book you read?

Comment

"The Blind Side", if that matters and is any of your business.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post
                        rewatching Pochohantas except with worse dialogue
                        Truth, except visually far more impressive (except IMAX 3D - and Wiggy you are a wuss for fading in the face of 3D )
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                          "The Blind Side", if that matters and is any of your business.
                          I hope you didn't get it after watching the movie, because half of it is about the evolution of the LT position (though as you as a football fan may have enjoyed that).
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I wanted to read it first. I much prefer to read something first. I'll probably watch it at that site.

Comment

Avatar is vastly overrated. It is pretty though. And it was still much better than Titanic, however little that's worth.
                              Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Working...
                              X