Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Edmontonians: Classy people, or classiest people?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by notyoueither View Post
    Oh, for ****s sakes.

It is a document offered by the scum bag to CTV. It is identical to the first document that he offered, except in amount.

The slip that you linked to shows only $12xxx. The rest is hidden by his grubby little fingers. The same grubby little fingers that no doubt write the cheques to his kitchen staff where he will claim there was no $1888 grat.

The man is a theif, a con, a flim flam man. In Calgary they say this is a respected member of the community. In Edmonton, his business goes dead because he is a theif.
    Again, I am flabbergasted that you do not comprehend how credit card receipts work. If there is a tip in the MERCHANT COPY field of the receipt, it must be INCREDIBLY SMALL because it is not at all visible.

Whatever the **** is written on the itemized receipt means **** all.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

The slip in the shot with the thief is not signed. It is not a valid credit card slip. It is something his machine pumped out after completing the transaction, you goof.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

What you're saying is that you can write a million dollars on the customer copy, and big deal?
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
          Again, I am flabbergasted that you do not comprehend how credit card receipts work. If there is a tip in the MERCHANT COPY field of the receipt, it must be INCREDIBLY SMALL because it is not at all visible.

Whatever the **** is written on the itemized receipt means **** all.

You are stoned.

The copy the card holder signs is the legal document that the merchant must maintain for at least twelve months in case there is a dispute.

Showing a merchants copy, unsigned and unitemised, is completely useless except that it shows the scum-bag put the whole $12K as charge and 0 grat.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

The slip in the shot with the thief is not signed. It is not a valid credit card slip. It is something his machine pumped out after completing the transaction, you goof.
            It's a damn slight closer than the itemized bill, which in addition to being legally worthless is also not signed.

I like how you're dragging the restaurant owner through the mud here, given that he's a respected member of the community.

Let's compare that to the Oilers in recent years.

- They employeed a convicted killer as coach for many years.
            - Spent millions renovating their dressing rooms, then traded the heart-and-soul of their team...Captain Canada...over $100k.
            - Their new captain was involved in a hit-and-run in Vancouver just last year.
            - They mocked another team's number 1 pick, only to see that pick put up decent points and become a quality NHL forward while their own picks get waived or continue to flounder.
            - They sat in the dressing room and pouted while Al MacInnis -- a longtime Calgary Flame -- had his jersey retired in St Louis

The organization is the epitome of classless.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

You are stoned.

The copy the card holder signs is the legal document that the merchant must maintain for at least twelve months in case there is a dispute.
              What is your major malfunction?

The itemized receipt was not only legally worthless, IT ALSO WAS NOT SIGNED.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                What you're saying is that you can write a million dollars on the customer copy, and big deal?
                You can write anything you want on that thing.

Comment

I may have that wrong.

They show you the itemised slip. You produce platic. They bring you a slip to sign. The signature may be folded under in the shot of the scum-bag.

Still, there is the discrepency of the itemised bill showing an $1888 grat, and the merchants copy showing what has to be zero.

The guy is scum-bag. He pulled a switch on his staff, but the laugh is on him as he showed the copy with grat to CTV.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)

Comment

What is your major malfunction?

The itemized receipt was not only legally worthless, IT ALSO WAS NOT SIGNED.

They did not show the bottom of it, and I was presuming it was signed.

It does show how the $12K was arrived at, and that includes an $1888 grat.

The scum-bag is a liar, and a thief.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)

Comment

Let's backtrack a bit here, as nye has taken us down a road to try to deflect.

The bill was around $18,000. They refused to pay it, abused the waitstaff and made a scene until it was reduced -- mostly due to the fact that the Oilers did not pre-arrange by-the-bottle alcohol.

That's the main issue.

Comment

No. The main issue is that the scum-bag should have called the police if he was being ripped off.

The fact that this respected member of Calgary's business community chose to call the media, not the police, and that he showed himself to be a liar with his own documents, shows how unsuspecting travellers will be ripped off by 'respectable businesses' when they visit Calgary.

That's the real issue.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)

Comment

Of course, this is to be expected in a town founded on cattle rustling.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)

Comment

No. The main issue is that the scum-bag should have called the police if he was being ripped off.
                            I'll only say this one more time. Please pay attention.

Contesting a bill is not illegal. Calling the police every time someone contests a bill is a waste of money for the taxpayers and creates a large legal headache for potentially months or years to come.

If the restaurant did go back and reduce the bill (for whatever reason) and hand it to the players, then they cannot call the police after the fact and complain legally that the Oilers didn't pay. This is law 101.

The restaurant instead chose to reduce the bill to resolve the situation (all signs point to them retroactively changing the pricing of the liquor from per-serving to per-bottle, even though they didn't have to), and the owner vented to the media about the tantrum the Oilers threw.

I love how people in Edmonton think the Oilers are angels. Even if they drive drunk and kill people, or throw tantrums at restaurants when they drink themselves to a drunken stupor at a pricey restaurant then get sticker shock at the pricey liquor bill. It is simply incomprehensible to you and other Edmontonians that a bunch of rowdy 20-something hockey players who just lost a bitter game on new years away from home and were drunk out of their minds on "blow jobs" and other manly drinks could possibly be abusive to wait staff. It's kind of cute and really, it's exactly what this thread is about.

he showed himself to be a liar with his own documents
                            He has not.

shows how unsuspecting travellers will be ripped off by 'respectable businesses' when they visit Calgary.

That's the real issue.
                            I'm beginning to wonder if the issue is with the water in Edmonton.

Comment

If the Oilers did end up leaving the tip they claimed they did, then I expect them to file a slander lawsuit in short order as it would be a slam-dunk case. Somehow I think this will never happen, for obvious reasons.

But, again, the main point is that the Oilers -- a group with at least 20 multi-millionaires at the table -- were abusive to wait-staff over their unexpectedly high liquor tab. There's absolutely NOTHING to indicate they were being "ripped off" -- the itemized receipts shown to the press show menu prices for every item on the receipt. The restaurant then gave them a discount after the fact, after the Oilers demanded a discount and made a scene. I notice you're not even contesting this last part, instead choosing to focus on attempting to sling mud at Calgary.

Comment

I'll only say this one more time. Please pay attention.

Contesting a bill is not illegal. Calling the police every time someone contests a bill is a waste of money for the taxpayers and creates a large legal headache for potentially months or years to come.
                                For $6000?

This is why I think you have to be stoned.

Of course you call the cops! Unless, of course, you are the guilty party. Then police not so much.

Thinking that some free publicity is a good idea, when you are running a thievery-eatery, now that shows the real moxie of a true Calgarian!
                                (\__/)
                                (='.'=)

Comment

Working...
                                X