Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The greatest Russian movie isn't even Russian.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good to see nobody is claiming Tarkovsky's "Stalker" as a greater Russian movie. I still get annoyed about those three hours wasted.
    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
      I thought that was the time of the fall of the tsars in the early 1900's
      No, it was a period of instability at the beginning of the 17th century.
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
        I thought that was the time of the fall of the tsars in the early 1900's
        Graffiti in a public toilet
        Do not require skill or wit
        Among the **** we all are poets
        Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

A worse movie was "The Snow Maiden" the USSR collapsed because of **** culture really.
          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

I remember the 1965 Dr Zhivago, I saw it first run. There wasn't the slightest pretension that it was a Russian movie. It was filmed in Spain IIRC.
            "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
              No one cares about the Russian version which got virtually zero play outside of Russia. The definitive version is the epic done in the 1960's
              Like I didn't know that.
              which posted huge sales and which is widely regarded as a true classic.
              Right, and only a dumbass like you can call this movie the greatest RUSSIAN movie. Calling a movie shot outside Russia and by non-Russians the greatest Russian movie is incredibly dumb by definition.
              For dumbasses like you I have to explain that the movie you were talking about is an AMERICAN movie which story (not even a script) based upon a classic Russian novel. If you think that simple fact makes this MOVIE a Russian movie (not to mention the greatest Russian movie) makes you even more dumb than I thought.
              Have a nice day in you ingnoraverse.

p.s. Yes, I am a Siberian jerk who still hates you over your dumb like hell comments in the other thread.
              Last edited by Serb; January 20, 2010, 14:24.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
                I believe there was a communist era Russian version of War & Peace. I've read the book (beginning to end) when I was in Kosovo but I never saw the movie though friend of mine said the Russians did a version which just couldn't be done in a capitalist society simply because of shear cost. I was told that the Russians used real armies to recreate the Napoleonic battles. When the battles between the Russian and French armies were recreated they were filmed with literally tens of thousands of men charging across the battle field. There was no CGI in those days so if you wanted to make it look real then you had to get 50,000 men to do so.
                Enjoy. This is one of the best Russian movies (1968) and in comparison with this epic your American version of Russian classics like Dr. Zhivago (or any other American fakes of Russian classics) is nothing more than a pile of sh!t.

Thought this clip is just a very short/(user's who posted it edited) version of the action.
                Last edited by Serb; January 20, 2010, 14:28.

Comment

Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
                  Good to see nobody is claiming Tarkovsky's "Stalker" as a greater Russian movie. I still get annoyed about those three hours wasted.
                  You aren't a Fallout fan, aren't you?

Comment

Originally posted by Serb View Post
                    You aren't a Fallout fan, aren't you?
                    I am, and Stalker is still a boring piece of crap.
                    Graffiti in a public toilet
                    Do not require skill or wit
                    Among the **** we all are poets
                    Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Serb is just mad that Russian movies suck and not even Russians want to see them.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                      X