No announcement yet.

Was God the greatest casualty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You may want to start arguing in good faith. You can't reject the premise and then attempt to make overarching conclusions on your interpretation of the premise.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus View Post
      No. Hope this helps.

Why, was god chasing you around Cardiff?
      We just decided it would be fun to spend Christmas in an Islamic country. It almost worked, but we kept bumping into these Coptic Christians all over the place and had to suffer Coptic Christmas in Alexandria over a week after 'official'(?) Christmas...

Yet more reason God doesn't exist - his followers can't even agree on the day his son was born.
      Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten View Post
        Cardiff is the Detroit of Europe.
        We don't have a massive car industry in Cardiff. But then again, neither does Detroit anymore...

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus View Post
          Men, actually, but from the omnipotent-and-just-god angle, it doesn't matter whether it is geo-physics or a political agency that causes a human disaster, the hypothetical-supreme-being gives the nod - according to believers.
          Yes, men actually. Not only do you blame God for something that you have no understanding of whatsoever, but you blame God for something that men did. Blaming God is vain, but blaming him for what you do yourself is another matter. It's like punching yourself in the face over and over, but then when someone else punches you in the face you cry out.
          I didn't realise you had this theistic-al thing going on, Kid, but it partly explains why you're such a lousy 'communist'. I think I'll nip up the road to pay a visit to Marx's grave in Highgate Cemetery tomorrow, kneel down in front of his grave and offer a prayer for you.
          I'm obviously no longer a communist.
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

During what people would call good times people tend to get separated from God over time. Tribulations either make people closer to God of drive them in the other direction depending on the individual. After disasters human societies tend to operate much better and people value life more etc... This tends to be the theme of most religions.
            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

I don't think I want to read this thread.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

It's basically Kid and Felch coming across as religious nutters, with Imran chiming in and making himself look like an ass.

But I did get my main question answered, which is that idiots will always believe in God, no matter how much evidence is given to the contrary...

We're still working on whether God is a c*nt or not.

Comment

Working...
                X