Would you rather be Welsh or dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
    Possibly, but we don't actually know that do we...?
    The English subjugation of Wales was a foregone conclusion since the time of Lewellyn Fawr. It was just a matter of which English king was going to get it done.

Born in Wales, therefore Welsh.

Monmouth Castle had been held by the English since the mid-13th century. This is like saying Andrew Jackson was a Waxhaws Indian because he happened to be born on land they once owned.

She was the last of the Tudors, of course...
    Of course, I'm just not sure what your initial statement is supposed to mean.
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

good Welshmen

The ones who were brave enough to march off to be slaughtered by their English betters. The Welsh today are the descendants of cowards and traitorous harlots.
      KH FOR OWNER!
      ASHER FOR CEO!!
      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov View Post
        The English subjugation of Wales was a foregone conclusion since the time of Lewellyn Fawr. It was just a matter of which English king was going to get it done.
        Possibly, who knows. Imagine if, for example, Llywelyn waited until Edward's difficulties with Scotland before getting all uppity?

Also, Glyndwr came out of nowhere and 1405, with his alliance with the French could have been so different if there had actually been a battle at Worcester...

Monmouth Castle had been held by the English since the mid-13th century. This is like saying Andrew Jackson was a Waxhaws Indian because he happened to be born on land they once owned.
        Still Welsh...

Of course, I'm just not sure what your initial statement is supposed to mean.
        TUDOR. Harri Tudur (aka Henry VII) was the Welsh victor at the battle of Bosworth Field over Richard III and seized the English throne by right of conquest.

Consequently Henry VIII and Elizabeth I are also Welsh - hence she had a lot to answer for by not leaving any heirs...
        Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

She was beaten repeatedly with an ugly stick. It's tough for Welsh girls to be anything but nauseating.
          John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Possibly, who knows. Imagine if, for example, Llywelyn waited until Edward's difficulties with Scotland before getting all uppity?
            It would have delayed the inevitable? England wasn't going to let Wales remain independent, simple as that. And it had the resources that Wales could never muster.

Still Welsh...

If so, then this:

TUDOR. Harri Tudur (aka Henry VII) was the Welsh victor at the battle of Bosworth Field over Richard III and seized the English throne by right of conquest.

Consequently Henry VIII and Elizabeth I are also Welsh - hence she had a lot to answer for by not leaving any heirs...
            Is utter nonsense, since none of these people were born in Wales. Henry VII was only 1/4 Welsh, and the others even less so.

I know Welsh accomplishments are so sparse that you feel you must steal other country's monarchs, but really it's pathetic...

If anything, these examples are proof that the further one gets away from being Welsh, the more successful one will be.
            Last edited by Boris Godunov; December 4, 2009, 20:14.
            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Dead.
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Either option has to be a 1000 times preferable to being English
                To err is human, to firgive is against government policy

Comment

Giving away fir trees is against govt policy?
                  I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                  I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Mablir Dorlig View Post
                    Too right, having the Scots to the north, Welsh and Irish to the west, and French to the south would be a nightmare.
                    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Mablir Dorlig View Post
                      Oooh, and where are you from with a name like that? Or is it just written backwards?
                      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Born in Wales, therefore Welsh.
                        Under which principal you are, of course, French.

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison View Post
                          Oooh, and where are you from with a name like that? Or is it just written backwards?
                          Wherever they are they are using the preferred language.
                          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus View Post
                            Under which principal you are, of course, French.
                            In the eyes of the law, that is also true, yes. So thank you for helping prove my argument yet further.

(BTW, 'principle', not 'principal'.)
                            Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Working...
                            X