Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which country in the world currently has the best functioning liberal democracy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't hate Norway. I'm a moderate patriot I'd say. But I dislike the direction the country's taking, our hypocrite "tolerance", which has developed into a tolerance of nothing but the political correct, our conceit, which gets worse every day, not the least our hopeless feeling of being the world's moral compass and selfless saviour.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

So you're like Sweden, except who's ever heard of the Norwegian Bikini team?

Comment

There's a Swedish bikini team?

Comment

Sweden is even worse, from what I hear...
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

No it isn't. Re: why don't you move to Texas then, Nikolai? Start a Norwegian colony, call it Little Tromsø.

Comment

What reason would I have to move to Texas?

Comment

You can live free, live life as you like it, free from foreign influence, with Jesus Christ of Nazareth as your king and rolemodel, of course. Abandon Norway, Nikolai, before it's too late!

Comment

If this has anything to do with my conservative, Christian beliefs, I'd just point out that I don't want any part the neo-conservative, God-wants-you-to-be-a-millionaire,-and-if-you-aren't,-you're-nothing,-try-harder.-Bless-you,-and-please-deliver-a-contribution-to-my-new-missionary-jumbojet,-I'm-late-on-the-repayment religion that the US is so known for.

Comment

That's a bit technical for me as a layman. In my opinion, Christian conservative = USAUSAUSA = Texas, and you just seemed to potentially fit right in there.

Here's the lithmus test: Humans descended from monkeys? Yes or no.

Comment

It doesn't matter. God is great no matter how he did it, if you ask me. I have no problems with evolution, but I'm not convinced it happened just as the evolutionist claim. Neither do I buy the creationists, they are mostly silly. Macro-evolution is not scientifically proven, but it's likely it has some merit. Same for me, really.

Comment

I don't like the sound of that vacillating. Really, if you admit you don't know, shouldn't you defer to the experts? Do you have any reason to believe that the scientific consensus (and it is a consensus, no doubt) is false? Do you believe that Satan is deceiving all the scientists? Can't I interest you in Texas after all?

Comment

I believe all men are fallible, and so is our science. Science has proven to be wrong before. But I didn't say I didn't beleive it, I just said that as a Christian I can't accept all of it. Then I would have to denounce my belief in God. God might have used evolution of some kind as part of creation, I even find it very likely, but as part of my Christian beleifs, God must then have the overall control and steer it. As such, scientist, who don't allow God in their models, can't be completely right. I therefore can't call myself a evolutionist, can I? But, in the end, I don't think it really matters, what matters in my opinion, is that God made the world, not how he did it.

Comment

-> Texas

Comment

Scandinavian masturbation threads
                              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

This has nothing to do with Scandinavia. I've mostly been discussing Texas.

Comment

Working...
                                X