Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Faux News and its low standards in journalism.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
    "Randroid" and "Lolbertarian" are the only political joke names permitted. "Teabagger" was once acceptable but has since been overused.
    I still prefer "libertyrant".

Faux News is hovering somewhere around Porkulus on the acceptability and cleverness scales.

Sez you. I invented it here years ago and haven't given up my claim.
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Patent fight!! Bring it on for our entertainment!
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

From what I've heard, the crowds for the book signing are at least as big as those seen during the campaign, so this seems like a manufactured controversy.
        ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
        ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Originally posted by Caligastia View Post
          From what I've heard, the crowds for the book signing are at least as big as those seen during the campaign, so this seems like a manufactured controversy.
          Chicago and London look a lot alike.
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Haven't seen you in awhile, Cali! Do you still hate black people?
            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
              Haven't seen you in awhile, Cali! Do you still hate black people?
              Have you stopped beating your wife?
              ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
              ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Does it count as beating her if she's dead? I suppose so, otherwise it would be impossible to beat a dead horse now wouldn't it...

Comment

You married a horse?

Comment

Was his horse black?

I'm getting confused....
                    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Alexander's Horse

Comment

Is he almost done with his mission?
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

Lets make this a "Today in Faux News" thread.

Here's my contribution:

Fox, in its continued quest to eviscerate Obama over **** that doesn't really matter, included in their weekly polling a question regarding Obama bowing to Japan's Emperor. I guess they figured that their biased polling sample would be all "OMGAMERICADONTBOW2NO1!" and it would give them another week of opinion filler.

Trouble is, their own poll found a different result then what they were looking for:

18. When the president of the United States is traveling overseas, do you think
                          it is appropriate for him to bow to a foreign leader if that is the country’s
                          custom or is it never appropriate for the president to bow to another leader?
                          SCALE: 1. Yes, bow when it is the proper custom 2. No, it is never appropriate
                          for the president to bow 3. (Don’t know)
                          Yes No (Don't know)

17-18 Nov 09 67% 26 7
                          Democrats 84% 9 7
                          Republicans 53% 40 7
                          Independents 62% 30 8

The result? THE POLL HAS NEVER BEEN MENTIONED. You'd think a fair, accurate, and balanced news organization would publish something like this. You know, when they go out of their way to ask the question, you'd think they would want to report on the facts.

Sigh...you gotta "love" the AMERICA **** YEAH! crowd.
                          "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                          ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                          "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

OK, we have a new word I do like: Palienated!

Teabaggers just aren’t happy about anything these days. I guess the Noblesville, Indiana Going Rogue book signing didn’t go very well yesterday because 300* or so of the 1000 people with wristbands were asked not to tread on Sarah Palin and then she tried to make a getaway with Baby Trig and several duffel bags full of cash but wingnuts have learned to protest about everything these days, so they were having none of it. This is the best thing you will see about horrible, horrible Sarah Palin on the internets all day and until the end of time.
                            Dawn Hatfield Ament TOO BAD I was “Palienated” today in Noblesville. I waited SEVEN hours and never got my book signed. Only 600 of the 1000 promised wrist bands got in the door. Such a HUGE disappointment!
                            My, how quickly the seething masses turn...
                            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Without knowing more I give Palin a pass for that. Maybe there was an emergency at home.
                              "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                              ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                              "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

When the president of the United States is traveling overseas, do you think
                                it is appropriate for him to bow to a foreign leader if that is the country’s
                                custom or is it never appropriate for the president to bow to another leader?

What a badly worded poll question; it implies that Obama's bow might have been an acceptable concession to Japanese custom...
                                KH FOR OWNER!
                                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X