The Case Against Normalness (a rant)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Japher View Post
    I didn't notice it until I worked for a company that sold the stuff (Concerta). It was are biggest drug and we made a lot, I was all how the hell does this stuff sell so well?

Josie's preschool teacher told us that Josie had "sensory issues" because she used to like to touch other kids. It was a problem because she would touch them with her teeth, aka biting, or "tap them really fast", aka slapping. Wifey and I laughed. When I was a kid I went through a biting phase, and my parents were never told to get me counseling. Instead I was told to "stop it or I'll rip out all of my teeth, so help me God I will!" Guess what? That worked for me, and worked for Josie too.

Maybe some of it is teachers just approaching parents not knowing how they're reaction will be. So, they go about it as if it's the kids problem and not a parenting problem. That's BS. We are, once again, fixing a symptom and not the problem. The problem is the death of family values and personal responsibility, not mutations caused by vaccinations or artificial sweeteners. We live in a "not my fault" society and are too quick to place blame than to take it. Personally, I don't care if you are part of the problem or part of the solution, just don't get in the way of those trying to fix the problem, than you're just a nuisance.
    Well said. I also think that teachers are sometimes too damn lazy, and won't bother to put in any of the effort that is required when a child is misbehaving. A kid can get all the discipline in the world at home, but if they know they can get away with murder at school they'll take full advantage. I remember being like that when I was a kid. There was this one teacher who was weak, and we all taunted him mercilessly. We knew who would tolerate it and who wouldn't.
    ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
    ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Working...
    X