University/Grad school usefulness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still right

Their sample is of men who are willing to admit they are gay. This population almost certainly has different characteristics than the total population of gay men.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker View Post
      I'm still right

Their sample is of men who are willing to admit they are gay. This population almost certainly has different characteristics than the total population of gay men.
      You're right. The studies of gay men who will not admit to being gay are far more accurate.

There's being accurate and there's being fist-in-the-face pedantic. Don't cross that line.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I guess you just lack the proper scientific mindset

Comment

You said the evidence didn't support my conclusion. The evidence clearly did support my conclusion, and then you claimed you were right.

And now you're claiming because the data can never be truly realized to 100% accuracy because it does rely on people to identify as 'gay' for a study to be taken on 'gay' people, it means the evidence didn't support my conclusion.

Long story short: The evidence did support my conclusion, you just choose not to believe the evidence because you'd prefer to wait for data that is impossible to get.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

You said the evidence didn't support my conclusion. The evidence clearly did support my conclusion, and then you claimed you were right.

No. You drew a conclusion about gays that can only be reasonably applied to a subset of the gay population.

Comment

It may, in fact, be impossible to get data to support your conclusion even if your conclusion is true. That's your problem, not mine.

Comment

The stats show that men who identify as gay earn more than men who identify as straight. Simple as that.

If you are the one contesting the claim that the evidence supports, then it is indeed your problem to disprove what we know.

Comment

The stats show that men who identify as gay earn more than men who identify as straight. Simple as that.

Sure. But that's not what you said

Comment

How sad.

Comment

I'm 100% behind Asher.
                      In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

No, I'm behind you!

Comment

Are you wearing something prickly?
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I'm innately a *****. I don't need toys.

Comment

Working...
                            X