Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I find it harder and harder to take poly drama seriously

Seriously.

The knowledge that I can now buy and sell you all hundreds of times over makes this place seem like my little ant farm.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

3.14159/10
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Drinkin' and codin'.

In a week I will never, ever have to write a piece of code for physics again.
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Finserv coding isn't any nicer.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Makes subjet analysis almost seem cool
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Won't have to do much coding in my new job. Might have to read other people's code to ensure it's actually doing what they claim, but that's it.

Most of my work will be pen and paper apparently.
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

You actually remind me a lot of my brother.

He's finishing up his MAsc in Engineering. He's stumbled into programming, as his specialty is computational combustion simulation. He's interviewing with a couple specialty engineering firms who do precisely what he's studying, but he's coming to grips that he's going to be a dreaded engineering-coder for the foreseeable future.

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                Won't have to do much coding in my new job. Might have to read other people's code to ensure it's actually doing what they claim, but that's it.

The horror. I hope they are paying you over $80,000 a year to deal with such nonsense.

Comment

Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I hated the last physics class I took in college. "Solve these differential equations." "Okay, should I use Java C++ or Fortran?" "By hand." "Jump up your butt!"
                    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

BKWM is in his first semester at UT Knoxville...just starting his undergrad in Physics. He tested out of 1st year calculus, but looking at the crap he is working on with 2nd year calculus makes me certain that NOT persuing physics was the right choice for me. Hats off to you guys on that stuff! Waaay smarter than I will ever be.
                      "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

2nd year calculus? Who the hell takes longer than a year to learn calculus?
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Maybe if you're including vector cal and complex analysis.
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post

Newflash! We live in the digital age now - what is with this "pen and paper" ****?
                            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I don't really know what the heck it is called. Looks like a dog with muddy feet walked across the paper to me. He swears they are equations though. I'll get you a course description.
                              "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Working...
                              X