Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could this commercial be shown in your country ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm surprised they even let it on YouTube.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
      To be honest I'm not sure either.

The last update I could find to the CRTC rules was 1996 or so. It may have changed since then.

Do those cover beer and wine as well as liquor?

I could swear I recall seeing sipping in beer commercials, but I could be wrong.

At any rate, in this case the end could be cut short or the actors digitally paused before lips touch glass. The real point would be the partial nudity. I don't watch Showcase enough, but there are some pretty explicit shows on that and various other channels.

Also, what is the status of the topless 'struggle'? I thought there had been some success for women's groups arguing that they should be allowed to be topless in public. It would be odd if the law allowed topless IRL, but not on TV.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

If there's anything that Real Sex on HBO has taught me, it's that in real life all nudists and swingers are all old and/or fat.
        <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
          I'm surprised they even let it on YouTube.

They don't pre-screen and it's only been up 20 days. I give it another few weeks before they act on a flag.
          Unbelievable!

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither View Post
            Do those cover beer and wine as well as liquor?

I could swear I recall seeing sipping in beer commercials, but I could be wrong.

At any rate, in this case the end could be cut short or the actors digitally paused before lips touch glass. The real point would be the partial nudity. I don't watch Showcase enough, but there are some pretty explicit shows on that and various other channels.
            Again, I don't know. It was the rule at one time but I'm old now (ancient and decrepit by Asher standards) so it may well have changed. Lot's of people holding booze but nobody drinking...

I don't watch TV now and see more commercials here than anywhere else so I have no idea what current Canadian beer ads look like.

Also, what is the status of the topless 'struggle'? I thought there had been some success for women's groups arguing that they should be allowed to be topless in public. It would be odd if the law allowed topless IRL, but not on TV.
            Public topless is legal in Ontario with certain caveats (occurs in an appropriate place for either gender to be topless, is not done for profit, etc.). That doesn't mean by extension it will be allowed on the airwaves however. CRTC is god in this respect.

Also, there is a difference between content of a program on Showcase and the commercials run to pay for it. Different standards entirely.
            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post
              I like how you include who you voted for in every presidential election since 1992 in your signature, as if to prove that you are so open-minded that you will vote for any political party. Oh, you are so smart and open minded let's all applaud you. OH NO WAIT YOU ARE SPINELESS WHO VOTES FOR PEROT AND THEN BUSH? WHO VOTES FOR BUSH BUT GRIMACES? WHO VOTES FOR OBAMA AND GETS SCARED WHILE THEY DO IT, WERE YOU HELD HOSTAGE IN THE VOOTING BOOTH? MAD MAD MAD :MAD: MAD:ADN :A
              I've only had that in my sig for about 8 years. You're fast on the uptake!
              Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
              1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
                  Public topless is legal in Ontario with certain caveats (occurs in an appropriate place for either gender to be topless, is not done for profit, etc.). That doesn't mean by extension it will be allowed on the airwaves however. CRTC is god in this respect.

Also, there is a difference between content of a program on Showcase and the commercials run to pay for it. Different standards entirely.

It seems to me that it would be difficult for the CRTC to regulate against something that is legal in day to day life.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither View Post
                    It seems to me that it would be difficult for the CRTC to regulate against something that is legal in day to day life.
                    Why? When's the last time you saw someone smoking in a cigarette ad?
                    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Can somebody give link to the ad from the OP?
                      Quendelie axan!

Comment

Hya: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x5XDpxZfoI

You can thank me later.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
                          That expression is at least 30 years old in denmark, so I guess that you have stolen it from us :
                          Oh yeah. It probably originated in the "progg" age what it sounds like. But Volvo is (was ) a Swedish car, so I think we must have come up with it actually.

My brain usually shuts off whenever I hear Danish being spoken. I just noticed because at first I thought she said she had TBC (tuberculosis)

Comment

So what's the ad about? Gardening?
                            Quendelie axan!

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Og View Post
                              So what's the ad about? Gardening?
                              Nope : http://tdc.com/
                              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Oh it gets more explicit than that, even on YouTube. I won't link to it directly, but you can go there and search for 'Ekstra Bladet 1986'. It's a commercial for this tabloid newspaper, and the closure reads 'Good thing we've got Ekstra Bladet'.

Why is this allowed on YouTube? Presumably because it's directed by one of the most famous Danish film makers ever. That makes nudity more accepted, at least in the eyes of censorship.

Comment

Working...
                                X