Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What effect on society will realistic sex robots have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
    Declining birthrates in Japan & Korea. The rest of the world unaffected.
    Oh I don't think so. I think it would push down populations anywhere people were able to afford them.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Well, the swedes will probably consider them illegal
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
        Almost none because they'll be so expensive, people will still be cheaper.
        I doubt they will cost more than an average car does today, and for many people an average car is much cheaper than the cost of divorce.
        Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
        The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
        The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

If you have to marry so you can have a ****, you're in deep **** anyway.
          "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
          "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
            Well, the swedes will probably consider them illegal
            No, they'll be legal, but if you buy or use them you get to jail.
            "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
            "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

In 200 years, Japanese people will be but a memory.
              In da butt.
              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

A sexy tentacled memory.
                <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus View Post
                  I doubt they will cost more than an average car does today, and for many people an average car is much cheaper than the cost of divorce.
                  You can buy a lot of crack whores for the price of an average car.
                  Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                  Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                  We've got both kinds

Comment

What effect on society will realistic sex robots have?
                    i imagine the sort of people who would buy a realistic sex robot would be the same sort who buy blow up dolls and fake vaginas today, with a similar effect on society.
                    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
                      i imagine the sort of people who would buy a realistic sex robot would be the same sort who buy blow up dolls and fake vaginas today, with a similar effect on society.
                      Ahh... but we're talking "realistic", do you know how good a robot has to get to get over the uncanny valley? Seriusly if you could **** Carmen Electra/Angelina/Insert personal celebrity fetish as often as you'd like for as much as you would like for the price of a low end car and the girl in question being less than a stunning conversationalist and having a little tag on her neck saying "robot" wouldn't you?
                      Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                      The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                      The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Hera, dude, I am worried about you.
                        urgh.NSFW

Comment

Working...
                        X