Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Katy Perry's "I Kissed a Girl" treats lesbianism like it is a vacation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Space05us View Post
    You can interpret the lyrics any way you want. Only the person who wrote the song knows what they were trying to convey and ultimately it doesn't matter because of what Jrabbit said, it's all about making money.
    Art has two people that give it meaning, the creator and the "consumer" (for lack of a better word). The meaning the artist gives it is not necessarily anymore valid than the meaning anyone else gives it. That's part of the point of art. It's an imperfect medium of communication which allows multiple interpretations, which allow us to discover something about the human condition.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I honestly didn't even know Katy Perry existed, let alone that song, until coming across this thread. Are there people out there that actually listen to pop music voluntarily? I'd always assumed it was all a parody or something...
      Unbelievable!

Comment

The song isn't so much about being bi-curious as it is the recent (past several years) trend of girls making out with each other to turn guys on.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Darius871 View Post
          I honestly didn't even know Katy Perry existed, let alone that song, until coming across this thread.
          Ditto.

Still haven't heard the song and with luck I'll forget the name by the end of the day.
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

How have y'all managed to avoid that song?!
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
              How have y'all managed to avoid that song?!

How would one manage to come across it? I wouldn't tune into a pop station on a bet, I haven't turned on MTV in about a decade, noplace I work has music playing, noplace I'd party would play that kind of music, no girl I'd date would listen to that kind of music, and, well there it is.
              Unbelievable!

Comment

You don't hear random music while commuting or walking along your town or something?
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Originally posted by VJ View Post
                  devilmunchkin sighting

personally I think that these DLs are really lame, but if it brings old posters back, perhaps it is a good thing after all!

now if someone would manage to resurrect Fez...
                  that's actually my doing. i was chatting with DM last night about diablo 2 and pointed her here.
                  I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                  [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

You don't hear random music while commuting or walking along your town or something?
                    I don't walk and when driving I choose my own audio. My workplaces don't play music.
                    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

While driving the music's my choice, and even when I take the bus or walk nobody blasts music randomly; they just have the sense to wear headphones. Even in the touristy-type places where people walk around, the music's inside the clubs & restaurants, not shoved down the throats of passers-by. And this isn't like the 80's where badass guys walked around town with boomboxes on their shoulders, and even if it were, Katy Perry wouldn't exactly be on their playlist. Jesus, can Atlanta be that different?
                      Unbelievable!

Comment

Originally posted by Fve Crathva View Post
                        You can't turn somebody into a dickgirl by savaging them, sb.

SP
                        if you can't, you're doing it wrong.
                        I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                        [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Originally posted by Darius871 View Post
                          While driving the music's my choice, and even when I take the bus or walk nobody blasts music randomly; they just have the sense to wear headphones. Even in the touristy-type places where people walk around, the music's inside the clubs & restaurants, not shoved down the throats of passers-by. And this isn't like the 80's where badass guys walked around town with boomboxes on their shoulders, and even if it were, Katy Perry wouldn't exactly be on their playlist. Jesus, can Atlanta be that different?
                          So people don't drive blasting music with their windows open? Or play various things in jukeboxes in restaurant/bars?

Where exactly do you live?

Comment

So people don't drive blasting music with their windows open? Or play various things in jukeboxes in restaurant/bars?

Where exactly do you live?

Minnesota, where it's cold as an eskimo's tit and we like our windows closed thank you very much.

In all seriousness I'm sure there are some nightclubs even here where this crap might make it onto the playlist on a regular basis, but I only frequent blue-collar dives where even the jukeboxes are limited to rock etc. So I guess some of the insulation's by choice.
                            Unbelievable!

Comment

I don't like Katy Perry's version. I thought Jill Sobule did a much better song of the same name, in that it actually explored an awkward (and cute) exchange between two girls curious about lesbian exploration. The Katy Perry song was essentially little more than G/G pr0n in pop song form. Ok for the basement dwelling crowd, but just silly for anyone with half a brain.

Comment

Unbelievable!

Comment

Working...
                                X