No announcement yet.

Great song covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My favorite cover is Like A Prayer by John Wesley Harding (I can't seem to find a video of it though) I think it's awesome.

Comment

Zevico - One of the bands Kontiki posted did a cover of that as well.

If you haven't heard it.

"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

How about when you cover yourself?

"The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
        "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
        "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

I considered the Run DMC...

How about John Lennon with Elton John for LSD?

"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Comment

I used to be in a duet with another girl and this is the kind of stuff we played.

Comment

Pushing the "earliest cover" envelope a little further.

Comment

How to destroy a song:

"The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                  "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                  "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

I don't even think I'm going to listen to that.

Comment

Originally posted by Kontiki View Post
                      How to destroy a song:
                      We should probably have a separate thread for this category.

Oh well. embalmer42 alerted me to this travesty a year or two ago.

Comment

Metallica covering a classic ANL tune:

Original:

Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                        I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

L7 Covering the Ramones:

The original:

Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                          I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Van Morrison's version of "Gloria" compared to the Doors version.

MANY Blues songs. Crossroads being a good example. Or Cross Roads, as it was originally.
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

The Sex Pistols doing Friggin in the rigging

(a classic rugby tune)

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
                                We should probably have a separate thread for this category.

Oh well. embalmer42 alerted me to this travesty a year or two ago.

The GG does NOT approve.

That was stunningly awful.

Comment

Working...
                                X