A Music Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last one for Slowwie... The Associates & 'Country Boy' :

Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• Those of you who have been enjoying clement sun-kissed climes for the past few months won't be able to appreciate this quite as much as the PolyBrits... the sun is shining for the second successive day!

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• From one of yesterday's purchases,someone who was an early inspiration for Mr. David Bowie:

Click image for larger version

Name:	87545.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	112.9 KB
ID:	9095062

and married to Joan Collins...
        Last edited by molly bloom; April 7, 2013, 09:02.

Comment

• And the man in action on 'All Together' :

Very 'Laughing Gnome' in delivery...

Comment

• Not quite what I wanted, but it'll do. Bought Elmer Bernstein's 'Theme Music From The Great Brando Films' but this the Lou Busch treatment of 'The Wild Ones'- brassy...

Comment

• And a tribute to Bernstein's talents...

Comment

• A great soundtrack for a great film... 'The Man With The Golden Arm'...

Comment

• The gorgeous Emmylou Harris with 'Wayfaring Stranger' from 'Roses In The Snow' :

Comment

• Not someone I'd heard of before yesterday... Jesse Colin Young and 'Song For Juli' from the album of the same name...

Comment

• And from the last of yesterday's purchases, The Corries and 'Sally Free And Easy' :

Name:	46_these_vol_1_500.jpg
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	9095064

Six albums for £ 1:10 and it all went to charity...

Comment

• From a c.d. I picked up at a record fair a few years ago... Robert Wyatt on the soundtrack of 'Winged Migration' :

Comment

• Appropriately for today's obituary of Thatcher:

Name:	theelliottsofbirtley_xtra1091.jpg
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	9095075

Comment

• Lee Dorsey, 'Working In A Coalmine' :

Comment

• Gil Scott-Heron and 'Three Miles Down' which I saw him perform in Manchester during the Miners' Strike of the 1980s :

Comment

• The Strawbs and 'Part Of The Union' :

Comment

Working...
                                X