No announcement yet.

A Music Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's low-rent. That they would do anything is bad enough, but that?
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; December 26, 2010, 04:44.
      Order of the Fly
      Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
        It's low-rent. That they would do anything is bad enough, but that?
        Brain-washed by Southern hip hop culture

I know AAHZ will love this...

I swear every Southern rapper has made a song called "Purple Drank"
        Last edited by Al B. Sure!; July 20, 2010, 02:22.
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Right. It's a Southern thing.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
            Right. It's a Southern thing.
            Are you being sarcastic?

It is... everyone of those rap songs I just posted is by a Southern rapper, usually from Texas.

It originated in Houston and spread like wildfire through the South popularized by Southern rappers.

This started it... 2000:

Three 6 Mafia is from Tennessee or something but that song is featuring UGK (Port Arthur, Texas)

Purple drank is a slang term for a recreational drug popular in the hip hop community in the southern United States. Its main ingredient is prescription-strength cough syrup containing codeine and promethazine.[1] Cough syrup is typically mixed with ingredients such as 7Up soft drink and pieces of Jolly Rancher candy. The purplish hue of purple drank comes from dyes in the cough syrup.

There are numerous slang terms for purple drank, including sizzurp,[2][3][4][5][6] lean,[1][3][4][7] syrup,[3][5][8] drank,[5][9] barre,[5] purple jelly,[4][5] and Texas tea.[9]
            Houston, Texas producer DJ Screw popularized the concoction, which is widely attributed as a source of inspiration for the "chopped and screwed" style of hip hop music.[3][10] Originally, the active ingredient of "syrup" was cough syrup containing promethazine and codeine. The concoction first gained popularity in the underground rap scene in Houston,[10] where musician Big Hawk said it was consumed as early as the 1960s and 1970s, becoming more widespread in the early 1990s.[11] Its use later spread to other southern states.[3]
            In June 2000, Three 6 Mafia's single "Sippin' on Some Syrup," featuring UGK, brought the term "purple drank" to a nationwide audience.[2]
            In 2004, the University of Texas found that 8.3% of secondary school students in Texas had taken codeine syrup to get high.[3] The Drug Enforcement Administration reports "busts" involving syrup across the southern United States, particularly in Texas and Florida.[3]
            LIKE I SAID, IT'S A TEXAS THING, SLOWW!
            Last edited by Al B. Sure!; July 20, 2010, 02:31.
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Order of the Fly

Comment

Order of the Fly

Comment

• Originally posted by AAHZ View Post
                  Albert finally posts some good music!
                  You listen to the worst of the South, AAHZ. Get schooled...

or taking it back...

Comment

• That Kryptonite song is bangin LOL! also i used to have like 5 different mixes to that Rick Ross beat before i got played out to it..

I didnt you know you had such good taste Alby
                    Order of the Fly

Comment

• Originally posted by AAHZ View Post
                      That Kryptonite song is bangin LOL! also i used to have like 5 different mixes to that Rick Ross beat before i got played out to it..

I didnt you know you had such good taste Alby
                      Shut up. You like wack South music. Go listen to some UGK, Outkast, Goodie Mob, TI, Clipse, etc.

Anyway... Let's take it back to 2003... that was a good year. The last year that the East Coast dominated rap (some South of the era included as well)

State Property- When you hear that/ Want me back from Digital Soul on Vimeo.

Last edited by Al B. Sure!; July 20, 2010, 03:50.

Comment

• We aint finished... more hits circa 2003... possibly the last great year for Hip Hop, before the South took over:

SEE WHAT THE SOUTH DESTROYED, AAHZ?
                        Last edited by Al B. Sure!; July 20, 2010, 03:54.

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; December 26, 2010, 04:45.
                          Order of the Fly

Comment

Order of the Fly

Comment

Order of the Fly

Comment

Order of the Fly

Comment

Working...
                                X