Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Music Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • molly bloom
    replied
    Another fave for -Jrabbit. From 'Trees Live!' by Trees, 'Tom O'Bedlam' :

    Leave a comment:


  • molly bloom
    replied
    Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
    Nice. I might need to pull out my old Steeleye vinyl...
    I saw them live on the 'Storm Force Ten' tour when they did a cracking version of 'The Black Freighter'. I'd like to have seen them many years ago when they used to perform 'The Lyke Wake Dirge' dressed in monastic habits and bathed in eerie blue light- apparently tripping hippies could get quite weirded out thinking their end had appeared..

    I like their version of 'Rave On' too...

    Leave a comment:


  • -Jrabbit
    replied
    Nice. I might need to pull out my old Steeleye vinyl...

    Leave a comment:


  • molly bloom
    replied
    A quaint and gallant city...

    Steeleye Span and 'London' :

    Leave a comment:


  • molly bloom
    replied
    Prelude and 'Freedom' :

    Leave a comment:


  • molly bloom
    replied
    Sly And The Family Stone: 'Everyday People/Dance To The Music' -

    Leave a comment:


  • molly bloom
    replied
    Lee Hazlewood & Ann-Margret: 'Dark End Of The Street'

    Leave a comment:


  • molly bloom
    replied
    Skunk Anansie feat Skin, with 'Weak' -

    Leave a comment:


  • molly bloom
    replied
    Rae Morris: 'Skin'-

    Leave a comment:


  • molly bloom
    replied
    Gorgon City feat. MNEK: 'Ready For Your Love' -

    Leave a comment:


  • molly bloom
    replied
    Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings claim : 'This Land Is Your Land'-

    Leave a comment:


  • molly bloom
    replied
    Blood Orange and their juicy 'Chosen' :

    Leave a comment:


  • -Jrabbit
    replied
    I'm not a huge country music fan, but check this out.

    First, here's Dolly Parton's classic 1973 hit, "Jolene"... It's been covered by many, but she is the writer and original performer.



    Now, check out what happens when the 45rpm version is spun at 33-1/3:



    Pretty cool IMHO.

    Leave a comment:


  • molly bloom
    replied
    For glam rock nostalgists... Kasabian and 'Shoot The Runner' -

    Leave a comment:


  • molly bloom
    replied
    Kasabian feel the heat: 'Fire' -

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X