Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Music Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Al B. Sure!
    replied
    One more classic. The Fugees meets Bee Gees and a Michael Jackson-inspired video:



    Disco rap

    Leave a comment:


  • Al B. Sure!
    replied
    Some more pre-Fergie Black Eyed Peas



    Last edited by Al B. Sure!; November 13, 2010, 02:17.

    Leave a comment:


  • Meticulous Man
    replied
    Actually I haven't heard that much APC but it seems Maynard is always Maynard.

    Leave a comment:


  • Meticulous Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
    Alright. Go ahead and post some decent music then. I don't know what that was that you posted




    Leave a comment:


  • Al B. Sure!
    replied
    Some classic Black Eyed Peas pre-Fergie.

    Leave a comment:


  • Al B. Sure!
    replied
    Originally posted by DriXnaK View Post
    This thread needs some decent music.
    Alright. Go ahead and post some decent music then. I don't know what that was that you posted


    Anyway, a classic...



    Pete Rock & CL Smooth's Mecca and the Soul Brother embodied an entire generation of rap of the early 1990's. Pete Rock's instrumentals became the standard of the era and CL Smooth's complex lyricism combined with Nation of Islam-inspired social consciousness became the standard to which Nas and several other acts aspired to. Pure classic.

    Last edited by Al B. Sure!; November 12, 2010, 16:00.

    Leave a comment:


  • MRT144
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • Meticulous Man
    replied


    Leave a comment:


  • Meticulous Man
    replied
    Originally posted by DriXnaK View Post
    This thread needs some decent music.

    Leave a comment:


  • SlowwHand
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • SlowwHand
    replied
    It's not on me to do a veteran's thread, so I'll put it here.

    Leave a comment:


  • MRT144
    replied
    I like how theres so many different types and stlyes of music being posted. That mayer hawthorne stuff is pretty great, but that one video is a bit to hipster kitsch for me.

    Leave a comment:


  • DriXnaK
    replied
    This thread needs some decent music.

    Leave a comment:


  • MRT144
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • Asher
    replied
    The Billy Jack version that I embedded is a (very good) cover of the original. The original was by a folk-pop group from Calgary in the mid to late 1960s called Original Caste.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X