No announcement yet.

A Music Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apologies for my absence. I apparently have something called Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo- rather like having seasickness (minus the vomiting) on dry land. Even raising my head in bed when I wake up triggers it off. Happily, it should pass of its own accord in a month or so. It's a sign of ageing according to the literature...

From the frigid air of the cold North, Magazine and 'Permafrost' :

Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• The lovely glacial Nico, and 'Frozen Warnings':

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• A song from the cold seas- Hector Zazou and Lena Willemark, 'Havet Stomar' :

Comment

• Briskly- Anne Dudley : 'My Face In Thine Eye :

Anyone interested in an excellent alternative to the usual round of ghastly Christmas music foisted on at this time of year should check out Anne Dudley's superb 'Ancient and Modern' album- for those who like chill out it fits the bill, and for the Christians it is spiritually uplifting:

Shop Ancient & Modern. Everyday low prices and free delivery on eligible orders.

This is the single, 'Veni Emmanuel' taken from the album:

Comment

• Out of the wintry lands- Dead Can Dance and 'Persephone':

Comment

• Harold Budd and Brian Eno, 'First Light' from 'The Plateaux Of Mirror':

Comment

• 'A cold, haily, windy night' & Steeleye Span:

Comment

• So many of my musical heroes seem to have died in the last few years. Here's Gil Scott Heron, whom I was fortunate to have seen twice, and 'Winter In America' :

Comment

• Something to warm my cold bones. Steve Harley & C0ckney Rebel- 'Here Comes The Sun' and it's all right:

Comment

• The sun machine is coming down, and there's gonna be a party:

Comment

• Sun machine Party times 2:

Comment

• Songhai heat us up with 'Jarabi' from 'Ketama':

Comment

• Better than a radiator:

Ta ra.

Comment

• Originally posted by molly bloom View Post
                              Out of the wintry lands- Dead Can Dance and 'Persephone':
                              wtfh.
                              anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

• Originally posted by Addled Platypus View Post
                                wtfh.
                                Erm, you like ?

More Dead Can Dance. You can dance to this- be a good Solstice knees up knumber. 'Saltarello':

Comment

Working...
                                X