Evolution of a Meme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evolution of a Meme

Seriously serious; it's becoming clearly clear that internet memes are blurring into RL and that people who actually say "LOL" instead of actually Loling are increasing, despite the stupidity of such actions. I saw a preview for a new SNL skit, and they say seriously serious! Really? That was just a bemusement to annoy the dutch!

Panda Fvcking, making it into mainstream media as a matter of greater concern that addiction to heroine? Hmmm, wonder where that came from?

Stating something with -FACT! after it, indicating that the something was indeed fact no matter what evidence need to be shared... this is really what Obama now does.

I'm sure there's more.

Anyway, lets monitor, no, actually, lets begin another Meme and monitor the progress. Ideas? GDRs?
    Monkey!!!

Originally posted by Japher View Post
    Ideas?
    My words are backed with nuclear weapons.
    The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

I think we should have something truly revolutionary. Like a banana option in real elections.
      Blah

Comment

The problem with manufacturing a meme is that we've become resistant to viral marketing over the years.
        <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

The other option then is to adopt a meme. Find an existing Meme, early enough in it's evolution, and monitor it's progress. The next step would be to incorporate something into that meme; business offering, marketing channel, etc...

Viral marketing is alright, but viral contribution is even better. It's amazing how many people love to contribute to something, even if it's nuts. How can that be used to someones advantage?
          Monkey!!!

Comment

this thrade has changed the way i view life forevar and will go down in Poly history as one of the greatest contributions to the Poly OTF in the 11 years this site has been active.

I, for one, thank Japher for the incredible effort it must have taken to dig deep within himself to produce such a fine specimen of a thrade, and the countless hours taken to do so.
            Order of the Fly
            Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

thank you for thinking I have an attention span long enough to work on something for hours
              Monkey!!!

Comment

Burn.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

You do realize, that great many Americans will take offense in this evolution thing.
                  I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Naw, they'll just fall back on divine evolution.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Microevolution is generally A-OK, it's macroevolution that's an atheist lie.
                      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

But the question remain.
                        Can we intelligently design a new Meme?
                        The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

SNL used seriously serious?!
                          Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                          Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                          We've got both kinds

Comment

They're going to. It was in a commercial for the upcoming season. I was like "did I hear that clearly clear"?
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

Considering that we have about a dozen seriously serious posters, and a few dozen more part timers, I'd seriously doubt that we are the source of any memes. I'm being seriously serious here. Seriously.
                              John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X