No announcement yet.

Democrats to deny public health care based on party registration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this thread really about trying to say that one group of lying cheating bastards is better than another group of lying cheating bastards?
    Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Originally posted by Sprayber View Post
      Is this thread really about trying to say that one group of lying cheating bastards is better than another group of lying cheating bastards?
      Yes, Dammit!
      Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

As long as everyone is on the same page.
        Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar View Post
          ITT we learn that rah equates City Machines a few decades ago with nationwide attempts at voter disenfranchisement in the last election.
          Anyone that thinks machine politics stopped a few decades ago in Chicago is really naive. I'm not denying that the repugs have tried some slimy tricks. All I'm saying that in Chicago every trick if fair game if you're a DEM. So neither party gets to claim the high ground. Pretending one is better than the other is foolish.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
            Yeah, like bribing winos with booze and cigarettes to vote for them. Oh wait, that was the DEMS.
            There's nothing they can do I wouldn't believe.

Do you have any recent examples of this occuring? In most states, it is very difficult for unregistered voters to vote on election day. Was easier in the past. Similarly with the dead voting in Chicago. The phone calls telling people their polling place or day had changed occured in the 2008 election.
            No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
            "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

I've already raised this issue in the Sarah Palin thread.

"My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

And don't forget all the dead dems that vote in chicago also.
                But I guess that's different too since they're not disenfranchising the dead.
                And gerrymandering is a form of disenfranchisement that is popular by both parties, so get off the high horse.

Both parties suck and will do anything and everything to win.
                Every time the Republicans are criticized, you try to justify voting for the Republicans by trotting out some example of a Democrat acting badly.

Your examples are all true, for all I know. But it doesn't change the fact that as far as I can see, Republicans are a magnitude worse than Democrats. Case in point the one from this thread, which was sent out by the Republican National Committee!

May I point out that if you can justify voting for a party in spite of their wrongdoing just by citing some random wrongdoing another party has done, without taking the sum of wrongdoing into account, you could just as well have justified voting for the Nazies in 1933 in Germany... Hence why I don't buy your argument.
                http://www.hardware-wiki.com - A wiki about computers, with focus on Linux support.

Comment

Gowin's Law invoked. Thread over. Let's all go home, folks.
                  Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Go Thue; that's telling 'em.
                    No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                    "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

May I point out that if you can justify voting for a party in spite of their wrongdoing just by citing some random wrongdoing another party has done, without taking the sum of wrongdoing into account, you could just as well have justified voting for the Nazies in 1933 in Germany... Hence why I don't buy your argument.
                      Both sides do this, it's called mudslinging, and is therefor not a case in point. Nice try.
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

Like the Dems could ever manage to do something this brilliantly evil.

-Arrian
                        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I have not once in any of these threads used it to justify voting republican. (I don't mindlessly vote REPUG every election) I just pointing out that those that make these claims live in a glass house and are throwing stones. God you dems are touchy. I've lived in CHICAGO my whole life and watched the DEMS treat it as their personal fiefdom so I refuse to get into an arguement on the degree of evil. BOTH SIDES ARE and in CHicago the dems are most evil. (example Stroger, there is no family worse) Geeze.

Originally posted by Thue View Post
                          Every time the Republicans are criticized, you try to justify voting for the Republicans by trotting out some example of a Democrat acting badly.

Your examples are all true, for all I know. But it doesn't change the fact that as far as I can see, Republicans are a magnitude worse than Democrats. Case in point the one from this thread, which was sent out by the Republican National Committee!

It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian View Post
                            Like the Dems could ever manage to do something this brilliantly evil.

-Arrian
                            Competency
                            "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Anyone that thinks machine politics stopped a few decades ago in Chicago is really naive. I'm not denying that the repugs have tried some slimy tricks. All I'm saying that in Chicago every trick if fair game if you're a DEM. So neither party gets to claim the high ground. Pretending one is better than the other is foolish.
                              ITT we learn that rah EQUATES CITY MACHINES a few decades ago with NATIONWIDE attempts at VOTER DISENFRANCHISEMENT in the last election.
                              And, of course, no evidence has been provided on widespread dead Dems voting in the most recent elections(let's be charitable and say, oh, the last 3 national Presidential elections and all the midterms).

As opposed to national efforts being made by the Republicans to disenfranchise folks in a roundabout fashion.
                              Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

I have not once in any of these threads used it to justify voting republican. (I don't mindlessly vote REPUG every election) I just pointing out that those that make these claims live in a glass house and are throwing stones. God you dems are touchy. I've lived in CHICAGO my whole life and watched the DEMS treat it as their personal fiefdom so I refuse to get into an arguement on the degree of evil. BOTH SIDES ARE and in CHicago the dems are most evil. (example Stroger, there is no family worse) Geeze.
                                We know you don't always vote Republican. As you've admitted on more than one occasion, you used to vote Democrat because you were concerned about your principles, but now that you're old you vote Republican because you're concerned about your money.
                                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Working...
                                X