Ted Kennedy Dead at 77

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP Ted Kennedy.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
      Drake is a dick. Ted Kennedy is responsible for legislation to make employers pay for the medical bills of employees injured on the job, .
      That's not quite true. Workman's Compensation has been around since the turn of the last century. The Virginia workman's compenstion codes that I worked with when I was an occupational physician were written in 1909.
      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

You would think Oerdin would ecstatic that an aristocratic family that gained political power because a rich father bought their entry seems to finally be dieing out.
        "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

They have (D) after their names.
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
            But he was a politician.
            I know, but do you have to hold that against him?

Let's just try to keep discussion civil.
            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

What, so do you want us to let this thread sink?
              Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
              Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
              We've got both kinds

Comment

lol death
                <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

:shrug:
                  grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Its all over now for Ted.

I do feel for his family.

Yes he did some good things as a public figure but he also did some bad things.

I agree we should be tactful but the fact remains, despite being a moderator or staff here, he was involved and as we pay respect (or whatever these threads do) we can't overlook what he also did.

For the record, I been here a decent amount of time and have allways seen negative posts in death threads.

I believe it was the great Ming who once stated discuss the post, not the poster.

Maybe in this case we could just point out Mr. Kennedy did try to redeem himself, and only he and God know how he truly feels in his heart (or did)

R.I.P. Ted Kennedy

I do wonder if him and Mary Jo are in Heaven, did they reconcile, or did Ted go OH SNAP she is one ticked off woman
                    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

R.I.P Senator Kennedy
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

RIP.

Whatever I think about Ted Kennedy, I'm glad to see the Kennedy political dynasty recede into history.
                        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Great legislator, less than great human being.
                          "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                          -Bokonon

Comment

This is not the way to improve conditions or maintain job security for workers in bourbon manufacturing and associated industries.

Comment

Sorry to see the last of the Kennedy brothers fade from the scene. Supported John, worked for Robert, admired Ted. At least Ted died naturally, with some gray hair to show for a good life. I find it hard to believe that so many here summarize an entire life devoted to a constituency as liberal as he was is actually defined by a single moment of cowardice. Yes, he panicked. Yes, a young woman died. No, his life cannot hope to be summed up by that one moment. :anger:
                              No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                              "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Unbelievable!

Comment

Working...
                                X