Do dead grasshoppers smell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do dead grasshoppers smell?

They are pretty big. Lots of meat to them. Are they large enough to produce a noticable smell?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Go dig outside for one and take a whiff
    Order of the Fly
    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

I would say theoretically yes. But what will happen is that the ants will eat him before he rots.

"It's the Cirrrrr-cle!
      The Circle of Liiiiiiiife!"

Comment

I've never noticed it if they do.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Is this a David Carradine joke?
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Man, this is getting bad. We definitely need lives.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

No they don't smell, an dead animal can't smell, it may stink, but not smell.

ACK!
              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler View Post
                I would say theoretically yes. But what will happen is that the ants will eat him before he rots.

"It's the Cirrrrr-cle!
                The Circle of Liiiiiiiife!"

Ants won't get them.

The cats have taken to bringing their prey into the house before finishing them off and eating them. Once inside the cats have a harder time tracking them after a leap. If left alone I imagine several out of ten would end up expiring from wounds in some nook or crevice.

I was wondering how much effort I should expend to intervene.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I've often been astonished at the absolute cruelty of cats. I'm also astonished that people would keep these brutal monsters as pets.

Dogs may be as dumb as the **** they love to smell, but at least they're not sadists.
                  John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

They would eat them earlier, but the grasshoppers bite and claw when poor widdle kittehs try to bite down. Teh kittehs are all for being humane, but the grasshoppers are being terrists and terrizing teh kittehs.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)

Comment

They smell like char if you set them on fire first.
                      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

I haven't given teh kittehs matches yet. I also hide my lighters.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)

Comment

Grasshoppers are what, on the size of a big fly? Not much meat to smell, but if you are a dog...
                          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Grasshoppers are what, on the size of a big fly?

Larger than that, by quite a bit.

Maybe you Euros just have really tiny grass and the hoppers to go with it.
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)

Comment

... or maybe we have smallish large flies.

(\__/)
                              (='.'=)

Comment

Working...
                              X