This is so gay...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is so gay...

You can't stop the evolution of language, especially not with gay little ad campaigns.
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Jm
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

It's a serious problem, but I don't see the campaign helping. See the Penny Arcade comic.

People are stupid, people are mean, and I tried but they just won't ban people for being stupid. It's a metaphor for life, or something.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Oh, you don't know the half of it, Asher. The Poly Fantasy Football Draft has been affected by the plague you have fought so valiantly against.
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

It's a serious problem

No, it's not.
          KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I've been busting people's balls for it for over a decade. Dumb****s don't give a ****. They see no problem with using some group's name as an insult. If they don't care about others, you can't stop them from being jerks.

It seems to me that, in general, America is a lot ruder and a lot more assholish than it was twenty years ago. I know, I know, I'm sounding like my parents and grandparents. Maybe they were right.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Drake, I assume there are certain words you believe are exempt from the unstoppable "evolution of language?"
              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                Oh, you don't know the half of it, Asher. The Poly Fantasy Football Draft has been affected by the plague you have fought so valiantly against.
                I fight against so many plagues. Is it general stupidity, or is it just somebody taking their sweet-ass time to make a pick?

That sends me through the roof.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten View Post
                  It's a serious problem

No, it's not.
                  I'm not sure if it's a symptom of societal homophobia or one of the subtle causes of it. Either way, it's not good for society in general to use minority groups as an insult.

Comment

Drake, I assume there are certain words you believe are exempt from the unstoppable "evolution of language?"

No. You assume wrongly.

it's not good for society in general to use minority groups as an insult.

That's a lot different than calling it a "serious problem".
                    KH FOR OWNER!
                    ASHER FOR CEO!!
                    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

No. You assume wrongly.
                      Then we are free to use the word ****** in non-racist ways?
                      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

If that's the way the language evolves, then yes. It hasn't evolved that way in the case of the n-word, though. You're welcome to go to Harlem and try to get the ball rolling.
                        KH FOR OWNER!
                        ASHER FOR CEO!!
                        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                          I fight against so many plagues. Is it general stupidity, or is it just somebody taking their sweet-ass time to make a pick?

That sends me through the roof.
                          Neither. It is way, way, WAY beyond "general" stupidity.
                          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                            Neither. It is way, way, WAY beyond "general" stupidity.
                            Which thread? The IDP League Draft thread?

I leave the football threads alone usually because I'm worried NFL fans will kick my ass for not paying attention to their sport.

Comment

If that's the way the language evolves, then yes. It hasn't evolved that way in the case of the n-word, though. You're welcome to go to Harlem and try to get the ball rolling.
                              I applaud your technical consistency but it would be nice if you practiced it throughout the forum.

Comment

Working...
                              X