Death row inmate gets court OK to drop appeals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death row inmate gets court OK to drop appeals

Now, tell me again that life sentencing is more cruel than execution.
    Less cruel or not, I'm for executing.

06:40 PM CDT on Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Associated Press

HOUSTON - A federal appeals court has granted a condemned Texas inmate's request to drop his appeals and proceed with his execution for the slaying of an 84-year-old East Texas woman more than nine years ago.

Danielle Simpson, 29, told the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals that he's tired of being locked up and wants to die.

The New Orleans-based court agreed Wednesday to dismiss his appeals after a competency hearing. His attorney told the judges that he believes Simpson is sincere, and after the prisoner also sent a handwritten note to the court expressing his wishes.

He was sentenced to die for the abduction and murder of former Palestine school teacher Geraldine Davidson during a January 2000 burglary of her home.
    The chamber is pretty booked though. I guess someone can work a double.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

The death penalty capitol of the hemisphere only has one?
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Why didn't he just get some Texan fat ass who hides guns in his fat flabs to shoot him?
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Oerdin, fatass' gun was not loaded.

Ozzy, one what?
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

THE chamber.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Yes, as far as I'm aware, one chamber. I'm fairly sure, but I could be wrong, that they've done 2 in one day. Trying to catch up after the moratorium.

Comment

That is what Ozzy wondered about.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

It's not like Texas has a multi-chamber facility. I don't think anyone really gets off on it all that much.
                Every execution has an equivalent victim, or more. It's not party time or anything.

Comment

I'm not asking for explanations.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)

Comment

I know. It's just the prevalent thought here that drove me to it, for once.

Comment

I've always said that life is crueler than death.
                      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

this is more an argument for legal euthanasia rather then the death penalty.

Comment

Yeah, well, I'm against it. Criminals should have to suffer like the rest of us.
                          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                            I've always said that life is crueler than death.

Death is sweet release. Prison is a pain in the ass.
                            John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                              Now, tell me again that life sentencing is more cruel than execution.
                              Less cruel or not, I'm for executing.
                              Yes, because that's what Jesus would do . . . oh wait.
                              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Working...
                              X