• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

page2plox
    Order of the Fly
    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

For **** sakes, AAHZ, set your per-page setting to 50 like any intelligent person.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
        I thought vaporware was proposed or promised software which the company never actually delivers. Like Duke Nuke'em 3D (or what ever it was called) which supposedly was just around the corner for a decade plus but never actually hit market.
        Isn't that what I said??
        *Company A is selling software that does a certain task.
        *MS announces that the next version of Windows will include free software that does that very same task.
        *People stop buying Company A's software. Company A goes bankrupt.
        *The next version of Windows does NOT contain the promised software.

Asher darlin', the only time I talk out my ass is when I'm whispering sweet nothings in your ear.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler View Post
          Isn't that what I said??
          *MS announces that the next version of Windows will include free software that does that very same task.

Asher darlin', the only time I talk out my ass is when I'm whispering sweet nothings in your ear.
          You do little whisper farts in his ear?
          be free

Comment

Ahh, my subtlety was not lost on you.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler View Post
              Isn't that what I said??

Are you lying, or are you just massively misinformed?

Are you referring to Hangul (as Q^3 tried to clarify above, which you dodged)? If so, everything in this quote of yours is demonstrably factually incorrect. They never declared bankruptcy, it just became close in 2002 due to widespread piracy -- then a patriotic campaign to support their own software brought it back from the brink. This was 3 years after MS' attempted purchase of the company. MS also never promised the new versions of Windows would do that.

Where the **** did you get this ****? Are you seriously just making this up? Cite it.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Tempest in a teapot. Call me when the appeal process is over.

But I must say, Asher's outrage reads amazingly similar to a Mac fanboy's screed. Hilarious. I don't disagree that U.S. IP law is seriously flawed. But at least MS has the resources to defend itself.

Asher -- sorry to hear about your gramps. Travel safe.
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

-Jrabbit -- thanks, that was last week. Been back since Saturday.

Comment

I've been away from the OTF. All my spare time going into fantasy football for now.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

A noble pursuit, sir. Just keep up with the dead pool. Things are afoot...
                      (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                      (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                      (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Working...
                      X