Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[serious] Off Topic Moderation Input - Part 2

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Felch
    replied
    No change. Anarchy in the OT!

    Leave a comment:


  • self biased
    replied
    Originally posted by Aeson View Post
    You do seem to post here an awful lot ... maybe it's true?
    that was in my thread! i'm 'poly famous!

    Leave a comment:


  • Aeson
    replied
    Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
    Then the rules should be amended. It is unacceptable to call someone a pedophile. Even for fun.
    From the general demeanor of the forum, I would suspect most of the posters here would like to preserve the right to call people pedophiles, nazis, panda-****ers, and other not-so-nice things. I'm willing to listen to rule change discussions though and act on consensus among active posters if there is any.

    Leave a comment:


  • Buster Crabbe's Uncle
    replied
    Originally posted by Aeson View Post
    You do seem to post here an awful lot ... maybe it's true?
    You - you- YOU- laid-back, spread-the-light, smiling-friendly person, you -- I CAN QUIT ANY TIME I LIKE!

    MAKE A RULE, DAD! IT'S NOT FAIR THAT PEOPLE ARE CALLING ME A PANDA ****ER AND A POLYTUBBIE IN THE SAME WEEK! AAAAAAAA! :wiglaf: Click image for larger version

Name:	Wiglaf5.gif
Views:	7
Size:	3.2 KB
ID:	9100495

    -Also, when Wiggy trolled me the other day, it wasn't much of a rant. Make him do better.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nikolai
    replied
    Then the rules should be amended. It is unacceptable to call someone a pedophile. Even for fun.

    Leave a comment:


  • Aeson
    replied
    Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
    This is unacceptable. Aeson, please handle this ASAP: http://apolyton.net/showthread.php/2...=1#post6311685
    I am sorry, but that doesn't violate any of the forum rules so long as it's kept to the OT.

    Leave a comment:


  • Aeson
    replied
    Originally posted by Buster's Uncle View Post
    Some dirtbag called me a polytubbie here: http://apolyton.net/showthread.php/2...=1#post6311586
    You do seem to post here an awful lot ... maybe it's true?

    Leave a comment:


  • Aeson
    replied
    Originally posted by Buster's Uncle View Post
    I really HATE captchas, and making newbs jump that hoop on first post, but they've saved us an awful lot of hassle at AC2.
    Yah, we have captchas too. But with a PR5 forum there are people willing to pay top dollar for links, and that means either paying for real posters or captcha services that decode captchas (or pay people to do them) in near real-time.

    I'll look into some other types of spam filters to reduce the workload ... I'm not real familiar with vB yet still. Should be a way to hold certain posts with specific keywords in moderation. Anyone know?

    Leave a comment:


  • Buster Crabbe's Uncle
    replied
    Some dirtbag called me a polytubbie here: http://apolyton.net/showthread.php/2...=1#post6311586

    Leave a comment:


  • Nikolai
    replied
    This is unacceptable. Aeson, please handle this ASAP: http://apolyton.net/showthread.php/2...=1#post6311685

    Leave a comment:


  • Buster Crabbe's Uncle
    replied
    I really HATE captchas, and making newbs jump that hoop on first post, but they've saved us an awful lot of hassle at AC2.

    Leave a comment:


  • Aeson
    replied
    I spent about a week on the transfer over, most of it learning about vBulletin and testing vB 5 (which we ended up not using yet). Not much time since. Just some spam cleanup and a few issues here or there that pop up. There's a lot of volunteer work keeping the forums cleaned up as it's a spam magnet.

    The server runs $80/mo + $20 for a backup server. January ad income was ~$109. (It's a little hard to tell since there's adjustments made during final accounting which aren't attributed to specific sites, and I have a few other sites on that ad account.) I haven't paid much attention since.

    Leave a comment:


  • Sava
    replied
    Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
    Net is apparently very slightly +.
    nice!

    How much work is involved in maintenance?

    Leave a comment:


  • Buster Crabbe's Uncle
    replied


    She's pretty cute, too.

    Leave a comment:


  • Lorizael
    replied
    Also the owner's wife.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X