Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
[serious] Off Topic Moderation Input - Part 2
Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
-
Last chance to speak before I kill the reputation bar in all themes later today...
Leave a comment:
-
Originally posted by AntiFash Gordon View Post...I've been thinking the next time I see the Reputation option, I'm gonna turn that **** off - that someone has had something like five post liked is not information worth the 20 pixels height it wastes on a short post...Four days later, I see no objection...Originally posted by AntiFash Gordon View PostOkay.
There is no straightforward turn it off switch, not w/o taking away the Like button, which I like. But the reputation bar is now gone in Laughing Out Loud, which is the style I use - I had to erase seven lines of .css code from the conversation_userinfo template, which - I hate fooling with that stuff. I'm afraid of breaking something. -This doesn't seem to have broken anything but that $#@! bar.
---Shall I do that 24 more times? Or at least Default and the three dark themes in use?
Leave a comment:
-
Okay.
There is no straightforward turn it off switch, not w/o taking away the Like button, which I like. But the reputation bar is now gone in Laughing Out Loud, which is the style I use - I had to erase seven lines of .css code from the conversation_userinfo template, which - I hate fooling with that stuff. I'm afraid of breaking something. -This doesn't seem to have broken anything but that $#@! bar.
---Shall I do that 24 more times? Or at least Default and the three dark themes in use?
Leave a comment:
-
...I've been thinking the next time I see the Reputation option, I'm gonna turn that **** off - that someone has had something like five post liked is not information worth the 20 pixels height it wastes on a short post...
- Likes 2
Leave a comment:
-
A pleasure to be of service, sir.
Thanks also go to Aeson, whose .css sizing kludge I've adapted to the other themes, and Solver for all his help making user-accessible themes possible at all, -plus his breadcrumbs script, without which the user experience would suck a lot more. All the themes owe a lot to copy/pastes of these gentlemen's work.
-As I hinted in the forum graphics thread, I find the vB stock color and texture-named themes pretty useless -everything between Default and Dark Gold in the list- if anyone wants to claim one of those and ask for improvements, that sounds like fun to me. They could use better names, for one thing, and there's comedy possibilities to that.Last edited by Buster Crabbe's Uncle; March 31, 2021, 10:09.
Leave a comment:
-
Okay - that's everything I notice. Let me know what-all I've surely missed, and you're welcome.
-Do try some of the new themes, please. I'll be getting the avatar size fix applied to the rest in the coming days...
- Likes 1
Leave a comment:
-
Okay; I've cracked the logo and avatar size problems. Now I just have to put some colors back like they were.
- Likes 1
Leave a comment:
-
Attempted helpfulness! - this is unprecedented.
...Finding where it goes is the trick -the .css is divided into somewhere north of 20 templates- but I'll see what I can do...
Leave a comment:
-
FYI you can change the height property for the image in the css to something like:
Instead ofCode:#header .site-logo img { height: 104px; width: auto; }
Code:height: auto;
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: