Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[serious] Off Topic Moderation Input - Part 2

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • EPW
    replied
    I take back the 'abusing mod powers' part, this time. Maybe lay off the personal attacks and racial slurs though? It's not a good look for the site. And yes I appreciate the smiles and styles, though I don't see why you need mod powers to do that stuff.

    Leave a comment:


  • Buster Crabbe's Uncle
    replied
    Well sir, you're welcome.


    Apolyton has value, and is worth the effort. Definitely the oldest living Civ site in the entire world - maybe the oldest gaming site, period. Loads of content and search engine ranking to work with in community-building; worth it.

    Someone said to me a couple weeks ago that the biggest barrier to reviving the place is the membership. Mmmmaybe, but I think most of these guys have the potential to be useful contributing members, and not just nasty trolls. One thing I'd recommend -and I'm looking at you, EPW- is to realize habitually giving staff a hard time just for being staff is a very bad idea - it tends to discourage anyone putting in the hard work of trying to make this place better. Another is, who has pinged someone long-gone and tried to lure them back into activity? Who's invited a friend to join this calendar year? (self biased is who, and good on him.) It wouldn't take a lot of people putting in a modest effort to bring back some life to on-topic, and that would tend to be a source of new people in OTf who everyone hasn't been terminally bored with for years...

    Leave a comment:


  • Ming
    replied
    At least you volunteered to help around here. I APPRECIATE THAT.
    The new smiles... forum changes... promotion... looking for new content... ALL GREAT THINGS.
    THANK YOU.
    For those that don't do anything and just want to attack the people that are helping and giving their time to try to make things better... **** OFF.

    Just try to be civil folks... Feel free to disagree, but don't be asses about it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Buster Crabbe's Uncle
    replied
    Not a single word of regret, let alone apology, for falsely accusing me from any of them, Ming. How many guys does that make who surrendered all moral standing to judge me last night?

    Let 'em have it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ming
    replied
    Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
    No more troll threads, and a creepy mod that personally attacks the long time posters. Great.
    Whine all you want... we are used to it.
    If you don't like it, you have options.
    You can always take your BS somewhere else.
    Feel free to do so if you don't like how I'm running things.
    I'm not paying money to keep this place alive just so you can be an ass.

    Leave a comment:


  • Kidlicious
    replied
    No more troll threads, and a creepy mod that personally attacks the long time posters. Great.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ming
    replied
    Originally posted by Braindead View Post
    I see that a moderator appears to have changed a thread title with the clear intention of insulting the member who started that thread. That, to my mind, is a clear and unwarranted abuse of moderator powers. Could this not happen again please and if it does please remove the moderator of the offending moderator.

    This is a serious post.
    Nope, not a moderator... Just me, the OWNER of the site.
    And frankly, my site, my rules.
    I will continue to treat all such threads in a similar fashion. Stupid Troll threads will be treated in the fashion they deserve.
    If the member who posts such crap has a problem with it, he can post his BS Troll threads somewhere else.

    And this is a SERIOUS answer.

    Leave a comment:


  • Buster Crabbe's Uncle
    replied
    See, besides I'd remember if I changed a thread title, I also read the edit notice on the OP when I noticed that new title. Days ago.

    It is not within my power to sanction the offender.

    Leave a comment:


  • Egbert
    replied
    I see that a moderator appears to have changed a thread title with the clear intention of insulting the member who started that thread. That, to my mind, is a clear and unwarranted abuse of moderator powers. Could this not happen again please and if it does please remove the moderator of the offending moderator.

    This is a serious post.

    Leave a comment:


  • -Jrabbit
    replied
    Thanks for that update. I was curious.

    Leave a comment:


  • Buster Crabbe's Uncle
    replied
    That's from the address bar. Odd.

    Solver's working on a thing. The logo and subforum icons didn't show for a few hours this morning. Please be patient while tech stuff is in progress.

    Leave a comment:


  • EPW
    replied
    Code:
    https://apolyton.net[B]/forum/forum[/B]/miscellaneous/off-topic
    ???

    Leave a comment:


  • Buster Crabbe's Uncle
    replied
    Originally posted by Broken_Erika View Post
    Is it even possible to edit a post without having it flagged as spam?
    I s'pose I ought to look into that - I don't understand how approval works, as far as who and what's on approval. I'll hook you up if I find out...

    Leave a comment:


  • Buster Crabbe's Uncle
    replied
    Originally posted by EPW View Post
    I object.
    Spite can be a powerful motivator.


    For the record, I deleted -

    {vb:set reputationimglevel {vb:raw conversation.reputationimg.level}}

    <div class="b-meter h-margin-top-m {vb:raw conversation.reputationimg.type}" title="{vb:rawphrase {vb:raw reputationimglevel}}">
    {vb:set counter, {vb​hp range, 1,5}}
    <vb:each from="counter" value="nr">
    <div class="b-meter__bar<vb:if condition="$conversation['reputationimg']['bars'] >= $nr"> b-meter__bar--selected</vb:if>"></div>
    <div class="b-meter__bar<vb:if condition="$conversation['reputationimg']['bars'] >= $nr"> b-meter__bar--selected</vb:if>"></div>
    </vb:each>
    </div>

    -from conversation_userinfo.css in all themes. -Lines 39-47.
    Last edited by Buster Crabbe's Uncle; April 11, 2021, 20:19.

    Leave a comment:


  • Broken_Erika
    replied
    Is it even possible to edit a post without having it flagged as spam?

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X