This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's from the address bar. Odd.

Solver's working on a thing. The logo and subforum icons didn't show for a few hours this morning. Please be patient while tech stuff is in progress.
    AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
    JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

• Thanks for that update. I was curious.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I see that a moderator appears to have changed a thread title with the clear intention of insulting the member who started that thread. That, to my mind, is a clear and unwarranted abuse of moderator powers. Could this not happen again please and if it does please remove the moderator of the offending moderator.

This is a serious post.

Comment

• See, besides I'd remember if I changed a thread title, I also read the edit notice on the OP when I noticed that new title. Days ago.

It is not within my power to sanction the offender.

No pasarán

Comment

• Originally posted by Braindead View Post
            I see that a moderator appears to have changed a thread title with the clear intention of insulting the member who started that thread. That, to my mind, is a clear and unwarranted abuse of moderator powers. Could this not happen again please and if it does please remove the moderator of the offending moderator.

This is a serious post.
            Nope, not a moderator... Just me, the OWNER of the site.
            And frankly, my site, my rules.
            I will continue to treat all such threads in a similar fashion. Stupid Troll threads will be treated in the fashion they deserve.
            If the member who posts such crap has a problem with it, he can post his BS Troll threads somewhere else.

And this is a SERIOUS answer.
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• No more troll threads, and a creepy mod that personally attacks the long time posters. Great.
              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                No more troll threads, and a creepy mod that personally attacks the long time posters. Great.
                Whine all you want... we are used to it.
                If you don't like it, you have options.
                You can always take your BS somewhere else.
                Feel free to do so if you don't like how I'm running things.
                I'm not paying money to keep this place alive just so you can be an ass.
                Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Not a single word of regret, let alone apology, for falsely accusing me from any of them, Ming. How many guys does that make who surrendered all moral standing to judge me last night?

Let 'em have it.

No pasarán

Comment

• At least you volunteered to help around here. I APPRECIATE THAT.
                    The new smiles... forum changes... promotion... looking for new content... ALL GREAT THINGS.
                    THANK YOU.
                    For those that don't do anything and just want to attack the people that are helping and giving their time to try to make things better... **** OFF.

Just try to be civil folks... Feel free to disagree, but don't be asses about it.
                    Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Well sir, you're welcome.

Apolyton has value, and is worth the effort. Definitely the oldest living Civ site in the entire world - maybe the oldest gaming site, period. Loads of content and search engine ranking to work with in community-building; worth it.

Someone said to me a couple weeks ago that the biggest barrier to reviving the place is the membership. Mmmmaybe, but I think most of these guys have the potential to be useful contributing members, and not just nasty trolls. One thing I'd recommend -and I'm looking at you, EPW- is to realize habitually giving staff a hard time just for being staff is a very bad idea - it tends to discourage anyone putting in the hard work of trying to make this place better. Another is, who has pinged someone long-gone and tried to lure them back into activity? Who's invited a friend to join this calendar year? (self biased is who, and good on him.) It wouldn't take a lot of people putting in a modest effort to bring back some life to on-topic, and that would tend to be a source of new people in OTf who everyone hasn't been terminally bored with for years...

No pasarán

Comment

• I take back the 'abusing mod powers' part, this time. Maybe lay off the personal attacks and racial slurs though? It's not a good look for the site. And yes I appreciate the smiles and styles, though I don't see why you need mod powers to do that stuff.
                        "

Comment

• Originally posted by EPW View Post
                          I take back the 'abusing mod powers' part, this time. Maybe lay off the personal attacks and racial slurs though? It's not a good look for the site. And yes I appreciate the smiles and styles, though I don't see why you need mod powers to do that stuff.
                          (Absence of an actual apology -or any moral standing- noted.)

You left out new folders, descriptions on folders, folder icons, themes, renaming a folder in the Spanish section at Astrologic's request, giving Astro new powers -you wouldn't have known about those two- and removing glitch links showing on the root. And that was all in February, and Ming doesn't know how to do a lot of that, including installing smilies for all I know. In poor light, I'm a tech guy, and I sometimes manage to talk the real tech guy into doing stuff.

But as you say, little of what I do really needs staff powers, though Ming wouldn't care for having to do all that work. At all. You knuckleheads have been laboring under the misconception that I'm supposed to be the boss of you - no, I'm a janitor. No badge showing. If anyone thinks I have to take any more crap from people than anyone else, they got another thing coming. I do that at AC2, not here, where I'm not in charge.

I was doing the recruiting and so-on long before I drifted into management. No, the power in community-building is in the hands of the members, if only they'll take responsibility, and a little action.

No pasarán

Comment

• (Absence of an actual apology -or any moral standing- noted.)
                            Where's you're apology to Oerdin? Honestly you come off as pretty entitled for someone who's been a mod at a failing Civ site(no offense Ming) for 2 months. I don't think you were even posting before Ming gave you mod powers......

You left out new folders, descriptions on folders, folder icons, themes, renaming a folder in the Spanish section at Astrologic's request, giving Astro new powers -you wouldn't have known about those two- and removing glitch links showing on the root. And that was all in February, and Ming doesn't know how to do a lot of that, including installing smilies for all I know. In poor light, I'm a tech guy, and I sometimes manage to talk the real tech guy into doing stuff.
                            I said I appreciate the work you put in.

No badge showing.
                            You're modesty would make Mother Teresa proud.

I was doing the recruiting and so-on long before I drifted into management. No, the power in community-building is in the hands of the members, if only they'll take responsibility, and a little action.
                            Ok. Good luck with that.
                            "

Comment

• Where's Oerdin's apology to me? Dummy, you didn't see the post report that threw in a mention of pedophiles. AGAIN, you don't know what's really going on, and assume wrongly.

Oerdin doesn't love you, and your white-knighting isn't going to change that...

No pasarán

Comment

• Reports are private and it was wrong of you to attack him publicly, no matter what was said. A mod should know that. Please grow up.
                                "

Comment

Working...
                                X