The Yes Men

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Yes Men

What Borat and Bruno would have been if they were funny and political.

Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

corporations are not the problem, human dependence on currency is creating the entire situation our world is in. If human beings did not need to be paid for helping out on things like farming, industry, and community service and just did things for free... then you could eat for free, get whatever you want for free, free health care, etc. there would be no crime, no greed, no wars, and no stress on planet earth.

if you are asking yourself "Why would i do work for somebody else for free?!" then you are already part of the problem which will eventually destroy our entire race.
    Order of the Fly
    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Political? Yes.
      Funny? errrrrr not so much

Borat
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by AAHZ View Post
        corporations are not the problem, human dependence on currency is creating the entire situation our world is in. If human beings did not need to be paid for helping out on things like farming, industry, and community service and just did things for free... then you could eat for free, get whatever you want for free, free health care, etc. there would be no crime, no greed, no wars, and no stress on planet earth.

if you are asking yourself "Why would i do work for somebody else for free?!" then you are already part of the problem which will eventually destroy our entire race.

There are jobs that absolutely no one would volunteer for, such as going down in a sewer, collecting garbage, working in a factory on a 90 degree day... my guess is that you would not do a lousy, sweaty, backbreaking job either. So, unless society gets to the point where you need nothing to survive, your idea isn't going to work. I think you may have been smokin' one & watching Startrek The Next Generation when you thought this up. Nice idea tho

Comment

Hello, and have I got news for you! You are a communist.
          Graffiti in a public toilet
          Do not require skill or wit
          Among the **** we all are poets
          Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Mon River Monarch View Post
            There are jobs that absolutely no one would volunteer for, such as going down in a sewer, collecting garbage, working in a factory on a 90 degree day... my guess is that you would not do a lousy, sweaty, backbreaking job either. So, unless society gets to the point where you need nothing to survive, your idea isn't going to work. I think you may have been smokin' one & watching Startrek The Next Generation when you thought this up. Nice idea tho
            For a second there that I thought it was a speech by Picard towards some backward race about how enlightened humanity was. One of the more regretful things about the series.
            Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Originally posted by Mon River Monarch View Post
              I didn't think that up. the Buddha did.

Originally posted by onodera View Post
              Hello, and have I got news for you! You are a communist.
              no, i am a Buddhist.
              Order of the Fly

Comment

I'm sure it was easier to follow the requirements of Buddhism back in 400 AD than it would be today. The world was much different then

Comment

indeed, but it sure helps putting all the ridiculous crap people get upset about into a bit of perspective, from my point of view. Actually confrontation and hardship automatically brings out my meditation trainings now, without me even thinking about it.

and the quest for Nirvana is always attainable since i follow the Theravada tradition.

so most things like this thread and silly stuff just makes me laugh, but i still enjoy throwing my 2 cents.
                  Order of the Fly

Comment

Don't anarchists have a similar doctrine? I must admit, the same idea appealed to me in my teens. It does sound problematic vis the necessary but unpleasant tasks though.

Comment

well it was silly of me to relate the two together to begin with simply because we as humans are so far down our path of greed, fear, and entertainment that it is impossible for "my plan" to be implemented at all.

Sorry i don't have all the answers
                      Order of the Fly

Comment

well it was silly of me to relate the two together to begin with simply because we as humans are so far down our path of greed, fear, and entertainment that it is impossible for "my plan" to be implemented at all.

Sorry i don't have all the answers

I will assume that you merely "strive" to attain enlightenment, since you have no problem using a computer, which is generated through electricity, which is generated by coal, which is attained by the sweat & labor of men working the coal mines, run by the greedy capitalistic coal barons? Isn't that a slap in the face to Buddha? Just asking..

Comment

yup, i'm just a simple layperson trying to get by
                          Order of the Fly

Comment

Ok, I was just wondering if you realized you're as greedy as the rest of us, so to speak. Good Luck in your quest for the Truth.

Comment

thanks and i fully realize my flaws.

i also fully believe in my past life i was an extremely egotistical and maybe even quite evil individual, so if in this life i can quell that at least to build up good karma for my next life i will be that much closer to Nirvana.

But i think i've threadjacked this enough
                              Order of the Fly

Comment

Working...
                              X