No announcement yet.

Tron: Legacy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was like 2, so I thought it was great.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Was on of hubbies favorite movies. I saw an interview with Jeff Bridges saying he will be reprising his original role. Steve has been looking for the flippin' Tron Video game for years!
      Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
      Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
      Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
      You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
        Not outside the US.

Was it the trailer?
        I don't know anything about this Tron thing, but that chase was a lot like the pod race in Star Wars Ep. 1. Sound effects and evasion moves were very similar.

"Borrowing" from others seems to have won over innovation and creativity.

Comment

Did you ever consider that Star Wars borrowed from the original Tron?
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
            Did you ever consider that Star Wars borrowed from the half the movies ever made?
            "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

I can't say that I have, but then I only smoke regular cigarettes.

Besides, as I said, I don't know anything about Tron. I was commenting on the clip that Wezil posted.

Comment

It actually had some of the feel of the original.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

good trailer. it made me change from no way to maybe.

Comment

But in the old movie the bikes could go literally "around the corner" without having to drive a real curve, which was kinda cool.
                    Blah

Comment

Man, I'm having flash backs of that terrible 80's movie and the even worse Atari game.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

That would be tough as Star Wars preceded the original Tron by about 5 years.
                        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

winston talked about the pod race in star wars episode 1 the phantom menace from 1999

Comment

That's possible but I always thought that was a cheap rip off of the old Ben Hur movie from the 50's.
                            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by a.kitman View Post
                              winston talked about the pod race in star wars episode 1 the phantom menace from 1999
                              Ahh, sorry then. "Star Wars" to me will always be the 1977 release.
                              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
                                That's possible but I always thought that was a cheap rip off of the old Ben Hur movie from the 50's.
                                If you are referring to the pod race, iirc it is a homage to the chariot race in Spartacus.

edit - I'm wrong again. Ben Hur it is.

Comment

Working...
                                X