• Show
Clear All

• Tron: Legacy

Oh yeah... I can't wait.

Hopefully this works.
    Monkey!!!

Not outside the US.

Was it the trailer?

"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

I hope they give Tron Guy a bit part.
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Yes Wezil, thnks. I was worried about that.
        Monkey!!!

Comment

The f/x have come a long way since the original.
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

well duh... but I like how they are trying to keep to the original feel as much as possible.
            Monkey!!!

Comment

I never cared for the original. I was just trying to say something nice.

Comment

Looks like it might be fun with the right drugs......much like the original.
                Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

I may or may not have been using those drugs in 1982.

TRON
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I was too young to use drugs, and subsequently believe Tron is overrated.

Comment

I used drugs and still think it was overrated.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Good graphics? We don't need no stinking good graphics!
                        "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

I hope they don't ruin this by thinking that good graphics will make the movie.

That's pretty much Hollywood's MO these days.
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

The premise was laughable, and plot was about on a par with a typical Star Trek TOS in terms of hackneyed moralizing. But that wasn't the point. Tron broke some new technical ground. Sure, in today's world of CG/computer animation (as with the film 2001), it looks pretty sad. Probably the biggest problem was that the virtual uniforms made the characters hard to tell apart. But it was technically ambitious, and had an audacious attitude about it.

For me, Tron was just goofy, trippy fun. And I was a video game fanatic at the time, so it was right up my alley.
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Since I was a programmer at the time, I just thought it was stupid.
                              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X