• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police believe monkey used to steal from business

I suspect Japher.

By STEVE STOLER / WFAA-TV

MONKEY BANDIT

RICHARDSON - The owners of a Richardson plant store almost couldn't believe their eyes after viewing surveillance video after a recent theft.

After a string of thefts at the store, the owners decided to put up security cameras in hopes of catching the bandits in action. However, their curiosity turned to shock when they said they saw what appeared to be a small monkey scooping up plants, flowers and accessories and handing it to someone waiting on the other side of a fence.

The owners of Plants & Planters called Richardson police, who agreed it was a monkey in the video.

"And she said, 'You really aren't going to believe this and I know you're going to think I am crazy, but there is a monkey on this video," said Shelley Rosenfeld, the owner of Plants & Planters, of when the manager of the store called her after watching the video. "And I said, 'Really?' I mean, it's really hard to believe a monkey would come over here and do it, but it's pretty clear that it's a monkey."

Authorities said the monkey got off with a total of 30 to 40 plants, flowers and concrete statues.

The owner said she asked police to not pursue the investigation because she actually found the incident humorous.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Yeah, cute monkeys, fine, but what will she say when the gorillas starts ?
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Aren't there some cosmetics that need to be tested on this monkey?
      Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

My faith in simians has been shattered. Is there NO ONE we can trust??

Comment

And she doesn't want to pursue charges. She finds it "humorous". Humorous my ass.
          Tase the monkey!
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Clearly the monkey has been fed thievery-candy by an evil joo!
            (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
            (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

You may be onto something.

Comment

Comment

MINKEY??? You said MINKEY!!!

Yes... a Chimpanzee Minkey

ACK!
                  Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

so can a monkey be prosecuted?

and don't tell me the punishment is to spank the monkey.

Comment

Everything is smaller and hairier in Texas.
                      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

lets see if this link works...

Comment

That's it!

That place is about 1/2 mile away from me.

Comment

Has anybody done "monkey business" yet?
                            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Killing it is the new killing it
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                              That's it!

That place is about 1/2 mile away from me.
                              So I'm just going to assume that's your monkey.

Comment

Working...
                              X