Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
    The usual idiots seems to have posted
    Yeah I noticed. Took about 30 secs this time.

I see Ben is on the idiot side (well duh!).

I feel reassured.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

So perhaps you can explain what the point of the nonsense you posted was?
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Nah, I'll save you the effort.

Just call me a **** and put me on ignore please.
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

If your poodle would do the same it would be nice.

Comment

I accept your surrender. Mods, please close this thread.

Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I really wish there was somebody left who could at least make it difficult.

It's no fun to win all the time.

Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Eventually you and Kuci will get tired of talking at each other.

Comment

Still not going to even try to defend your breathless posting of the statistics of homicide commissions by returning veterans?

Be a man and admit that you simply didn't think the numbers through before you posted. 121 murder charges sounded like a lot to you and it confirmed your previous beliefs, so you didn't bother to think too deeply.
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
                    Nah, I'll save you the effort.

Just call me a **** and put me on ignore please.

Comment

Wish I could, but my heart's not in it.

You just rolled over. No fun in it.
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

You are undoubtedly a very smart guy KH. Unfortunately you also happen to be a complete and utter *******. The combination doesn't lead to pleasant interactions.

Comment

Pleasant interactions don't lead to learning.

Only those who are already intellectually open can be taught. Those who are not need to be punished. It's behavioural training.

Think of me as an incentive to improve the quality of your thinking.

Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                            I really wish there was somebody left who could at least make it difficult.

It's no fun to win all the time.

Since you can't stand to even contemplate losing, I suspect this expressed sentiment is insincere.

However, in this particular case, you is right. By selecting a small enough sample size anyone can cause alarm bells to seem to ring. However, Americans seem to understand very little about statistics, sample sizes, and relevant conclusions. In this case, the soldiers are the ones getting the bad rap.
                            No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                            "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Since you can't stand to even contemplate losing

I love losing arguments. When I lose it means I get to learn something.

However, in this particular case, you is right. By selecting a small enough sample size anyone can cause alarm bells to seem to ring.

I have no idea what this has to do with the point I made.
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

To be explicit, instead of toying with you:

My point was simply that homicide commission rates by Iraq & Afghanistan veterans in the US appear to be, if anything, lower than those of the average American (adjusted for age and sex).

This has nothing to do with the size of the sample or statistical uncertainties. These issues often arise, especially with very small numbers of events, but the problem here is more fundamental.
                                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                                X