Dude the moon is huge!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
    I refuse to believe that is not a clever spoof.
    That is THE MOST AMAZING THING EVER.

Comment

my brain hurts
      Unbelievable!

Comment

Originally posted by Darius871 View Post
        my brain hurts
        because you have been over thinking the entire situation from day 1

from my perspective everybody involved is acting pretty ridiculous (even me thats why i make silly posts about it)
        Order of the Fly
        Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's amore.
          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

When the moon hits your lip like a big piece of sh!t, that's amore.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
              I've read about how people have been arguing about it for 2000 years. Its still an illusion but a real one which people see so I'm right and you're wrong.
              If you lost and you know it, slap your ****. If you lost and you know it, and you're sure to be show it, slap your ****.
              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Well, I am glad we got that all straight. I have been deeply worried that someone might think the moon really is different sizes at different times of the night. Oerdin for once is right about the smoke affecting the moon's apparent color. Many historical accounts of battles in the 18th and 19th centuries comment on the redness of the moon post the fight, often calling it a blood-red moon.

I may have spoken too confidently. Is Zaku actually contending that the effect of gravity on the moon from the sun is significant enough to bring it closer when the moon is on the side away from the sun. That's the biggest piece of hoo-hah I ever heard. The potential for an eclipse of the moon goes up, but the distance away is always the same. (Yes I know it's spinning in at a few cm per year but that's not going to show on each revolution.)
                Last edited by Blaupanzer; July 11, 2009, 03:56.
                No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Originally posted by zakubandit View Post
                  Sorry, i needed a thread where I knew Oerdin would read, this one works.

Again I back my saying. Newton's theory of gravitation states why the moon changes size
                  You are a dumb ass. Optics have nothing to do with gravitation and as I said this really doesn't have anything to do with optics and instead is just an optical illusion.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

What? Optics? I said gravitation not optics. Can you read dude? Or did psyops screw you up.
                    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the Blood of Patriots and tyrants" Thomas Jefferson
                    "I can merely plead that I'm in the presence of a superior being."- KrazyHorse

Comment

Originally posted by Blaupanzer View Post
                      (Yes I know it's spinning in at a few cm per year but that's not going to show on each revolution.)
                      More accurately, the moon and the earth get further apart each year (3.8 cm)
                      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by zakubandit View Post
                        What? Optics? I said gravitation not optics. Can you read dude? Or did psyops screw you up.
                        You're a dunce. Also a new guy wouldn't know that so you are definitely a DL.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Oerdin....you have a signature, and it has links...and I know how to read...comprehending me?
                          "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the Blood of Patriots and tyrants" Thomas Jefferson
                          "I can merely plead that I'm in the presence of a superior being."- KrazyHorse

Comment

Working...
                          X