Obama brings world peace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    I'm assuming they would 'decommission' them, but the nukes would still be there. Its in the interest in having the US destroy their nukes, and to keep as many as they can.
    We fear absolutely the same. Either we start to trust each other or this is the dead end.

Comment

Now just to check up on Israel's stockpiles.

Comment

WTF Serb? Had your say yet?

You know you can post in more than one thread. You're allowed to do that. Our Dutch overlords are quite generous.
        John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

What? Really? I mean... are you sure I can?
          This thread's closed then. I go spam elsewhere.
          Last edited by Serb; July 7, 2009, 23:16.

Comment

Btw, when I was watching "no comments" on euronews yesterday, I was quite surprised when Obama started to laugh before the translation of the Russian speech to English. The guy understands Russian, perhaps he got this form his parents.

"Obama's parents met in 1960 in a Russian language class at the University of Hawaii at Mānoa"

I mean, you guys have finally elected a worthy persident. He is a great improvement comparing to George Walker.

And he has charisma. I give him this.
            Last edited by Serb; July 7, 2009, 23:18.

Comment

Originally posted by Serb View Post
              You just get it wrong. The point is that previous Russia-US agreement is about to expire (this year). If there is no new treaty signed, both sides are free to have whatever stockpile they wish. We can go back to 20+K warheads (like it was during the Cold War) and it could be pretty legal, since the treaty has expired.
              How would Russia pay for such a program?
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                How would Russia pay for such a program?
                First of all - it doesn't really matter.
                Secondly, your view of the Russian capabilities is quite obsolete.
                Thirdly, how US would pay for such a programm, and who the f*ck needs that?
                We (US and Russia) don't need that mad MAD sh!t any longer. Isn't it clear already? Wake-up people, the USSR is no longer exist. Russia is capitalist/democracy now.
                The question is - do we really need to return to the Cold War times? (Why the ****?) Or we can sign a new treaty and reduce our nuclear potential to a lesser level than before?
                Last edited by Serb; July 8, 2009, 00:04.

Comment

The economy is all that matters when we're talking about an arms race.

My view on Russian capabilities? What might that be? You seem to be making a leap in logic.

The US doesn't need to pay for it. We still haven't paid for the other weapons. Debt, my friend. And when China stops lending us money, we'll stop buying their products. By then, all the oil will be gone and they'll be hurting for energy to power their economy.

Regardless of the system, Russia still possesses the largest nuclear stockpile outside of the US. Even if we're friends, Russia is still the friend that can do us the most damage. That fact cannot be ignored from a strategic standpoint.

Don't assume I am advocating another arms race. I was just trying to imply, with my original post, that regardless of the status of this treaty, Russia can't afford to build 20k weapons. Well, they can. But if the Russian people want to hold on to their idea of capitalism/democracy, then they can't go back to those days.
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

First of all - it doesn't really matter.
                    Secondly, your view of the Russian capabilities is quite obsolete.
                    Thirdly, how US would pay for such a programm, and who the f*ck needs that?
                    We (US and Russia) don't need that mad MAD sh!t any longer. Isn't it clear already? Wake-up people, the USSR is no longer exist. Russia is capitalist/democracy now.
                    The question is - do we really need to return to the Cold War times? (Why the ****?) Or we can sign a new treaty and reduce our nuclear potential to a lesser level than before?
                    People need to pay attention to how people in the area under of dscussion think. He's absolutely correct.
                    That's history, and too many people spend too much time looking back rather than forward.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                      The economy is all that matters when we're talking about an arms race.
                      Sure.
                      My view on Russian capabilities? What might that be? You seem to be making a leap in logic.
                      Nope. My logic is simple - nobody wants to pay additional money for nothing.

The US doesn't need to pay for it. We still haven't paid for the other weapons. Debt, my friend. And when China stops lending us money, we'll stop buying their products. By then, all the oil will be gone and they'll be hurting for energy to power their economy.
                      Exactly. You are as much interested in paying more money for the upkeep of the greater nukes stockpile, as we do. Neither side wants that (regardless of the reasons). But the main reason for no to do that is that because it's just plain stupid, God Damn it.

Regardless of the system, Russia still possesses the largest nuclear stockpile outside of the US. Even if we're friends, Russia is still the friend that can do us the most damage. That fact cannot be ignored from a strategic standpoint.
                      Of course.
                      But the same is true for the USA.

Don't assume I am advocating another arms race. I was just trying to imply, with my original post, that regardless of the status of this treaty, Russia can't afford to build 20k weapons. Well, they can. But if the Russian people want to hold on to their idea of capitalism/democracy, then they can't go back to those days.
                      Nobody in his straight mind can afford to waste his money. Return to the number of warheads we had during the Cold war will be a waste of money. And the government of your country realizes that. And the government of my country realizes that. Both sides are interested in a new treaty. The major problem we always had in relationships between our countries is a problem of trust. We don't trust each other, really. And that is sad, but true. If only we could trust each other, this entire planet would be a much safer place in my humble opinion.
                      Last edited by Serb; July 8, 2009, 01:07.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                        That's history, and too many people spend too much time looking back rather than forward.
                        Yep.

Comment

Sure.

Nobody in his straight mind can afford to waste his money. Return to the number of warheads we had during the Cold war will be a waste of money. And the government of your country realizes that. And the government of my country realizes that. Both sides are interested in a new treaty. The major problem we always had in relationships between our countries is a problem of trust. We don't trust each other, really. And that is sad, but true. If only we could trust each other, this entire planet would be a much safer place in my humble opinion.
                          I don't even trust the people in my country.

Are civilians allowed to own guns in Russia?
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Way to go If only we could reduce it to zero.
                            What would Russians then use to stop 1 billion screaming Chinamen?
                            Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                            The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                            The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus View Post
                              What would Russians then use to stop 1 billion screaming Chinamen?
                              Mongorians
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Not a lot, but still more than Bush cut.

Comment

Working...
                                X