No announcement yet.

Improving mental capacity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do exercise, that's what I was alluding above when I mentioned the overweight thread. Currently 3 times a week, but I'm looking to increase that to 5 times a week soon.

And yeah I was mainly talking about stuff like Soduku. Is that a pretty good brain exercise? I'd like something to do at work when it's slow. I can't be doing too much at work, as I'm supposed to be working after all . I know I should do more at home, but I still want to devote a good portion of my time to just having fun. I don't want too much of my life to be work, and have no fun.

When I was younger I enjoyed doing those logic puzzles. I'd like to find a website where I can print them out, and do them at work.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis View Post
      I do exercise, that's what I was alluding above when I mentioned the overweight thread. Currently 3 times a week, but I'm looking to increase that to 5 times a week soon.
      What's your current duration/intensity of an average exercise?

And yeah I was mainly talking about stuff like Soduku. Is that a pretty good brain exercise? I'd like something to do at work when it's slow. I can't be doing too much at work, as I'm supposed to be working after all . I know I should do more at home, but I still want to devote a good portion of my time to just having fun. I don't want too much of my life to be work, and have no fun.

When I was younger I enjoyed doing those logic puzzles. I'd like to find a website where I can print them out, and do them at work.
      Sodoku is perfect for casual logic exercise, and obviously quickly concealable

A more committed and intellectually beneficial exercise that offers a social bonus is chess. Thinking progressively further and further ahead when considering strategy stimulates memory while preparing one for real life exercises in strategy, compromise, sacrifice etc.

Lastly, if you're not addiction prone.. Civ2 multiplayer is a surprisingly logical and math oriented game. The variables aren't as random and arbitrary as in later Civ series, so specific, formulaic strategies according to rigorous and methodical cost/benefit analysis dominates. Reading demographics is an attainable art and you essentially exercise the ultimate game theory in reading your opponents chosen "formula" (of which there are dozens) and then respond accordingly.

One new hobby at a time though, right? Don't want to feel overwhelmed or guilty by not regimenting a well rounded routine right off the bat.
      Last edited by Zylka; June 25, 2009, 05:21.

Comment

Working...
      X