X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
    The ending was freaking awesome
    QFT
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
      The ending was freaking awesome
      I bet you liked the Harry Potter ending too.
      "

Comment

It was alright, but kinda silly with the deaths (who did and who didn't).

Or do you mean the 21 years later... which is barely an ending... it's a postscript if anything.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I liked the final episode. But I watched the entire series after the finale, so it was less of an investment.

Here's my question. Why are they using 5.56 mm peashooters against robots? Did they fail to invent the 30-06? An M1 Garand would have torn those Cylons up.
          John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
            9. Did anyone in the fleet not shag Starbuck?
            I'm sure there is someone, some where, who didn't get a piece of the action.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
              No it wasn't, dammit. She ****ing disappeared!
              QFT.

Comment

The disappearance was perfect. It added a whole "High Plains Drifter" element to the story.
                The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

They never really satisfactorily explained the destruction of the Cylon inhabitied Earth. Wasn't it originally a Cylon creed that Humans were inherently irrational, flawed and destructive? Then it turns out that the Cylons very nearly exterminated themselves thousands of years ago - which one could argue indicted that Cylons were inherently irrational, flawed and destructive.

Maybe that was an ironic twist.
                  "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

I think there were plenty of things throughout the series that showed Cylons weren't any less destructive and flawed as humans. That was just their self-justification for what they did.
                    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by EPW View Post
                      BG is based on Morman mythology? It wouldn't surprise me.
                      Yep, the original BSG was:

Larson later secured a then-unprecedented $1 million per episode budget for Battlestar Galactica. Originally, the series was intended to be called Adama's Ark, and the show incorporated many themes from Mormon theology, such as marriage for "time and eternity" and a "council of twelve". Larson is a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.[1] Larson had been working on it since 1968, and Gene L. Coon had been providing guidance and mentoring to him through the writing of its earliest incarnations. Larson is credited with coining the word "battlestar", a contraction of the phrase "line-of-battle starship", after being convinced to rename Adama's Ark to include the word "star" in the title in some way. He is also credited with creating the faux curse word "frak"

ACK!
                      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
                        9. Did anyone in the fleet not shag Starbuck?
                        The Admiral didn't. I agree with Immy, I thought the ending was really good. It at least gave you some closure on things.
                        Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
                        Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
                        Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
                        You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

So, was BSG Mormon propaganda, or was it just a cool story someone heisted for a TV show?

Comment

Originally posted by Tiamat View Post
                            The Admiral didn't. I agree with Immy, I thought the ending was really good. It at least gave you some closure on things.
                            I liked parts of the ending, mainly the stuff with Adama and Roslin.
                            "

Comment

I finally finished season 4 today - it's been slow going as I've found it hard to maintain interest. I thought it was an acceptable end, but overall a disappointing last season and a half. The first 2 and a bit seasons (till they got off New Caprica) were amazing and it's a shame they didn't manage to keep it up.

Comment

I think the writer's strike really screwed everything up

Comment

Working...
                                X