Question About Job Adds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question About Job Adds

I am gainfully employed and love my job but once I get my MBA in Dec. I will begin to resent my allotment in life along with everyone who has it as well as I feel I should... Obviously.

I have been surfing job boards for that "dream job" and I feel that I have found it. However, I wouldn't be able to start until Jan (where I interviewed and offered it). Should I still apply?

Also, 6 months seems like a long time to look for a job, but I hear that's about par now a days... anyone?

Also, is there a way to tell if a job posting is really just a gold pot to lure resumes, without there really being a job available?

Also, how would you convey availability? If the job has been up for a while I would assume that they don't have a ton of candidates. My old boss used to leave job postings up for months just to find THE right guy with no real intention of hiring anyone until the next quarter or so.

Thoughts?
    Monkey!!!

Question About Job Adds
    Should be: Job Ads. Spelling and grammar cound.

[/nazimode]
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I was meaning to add a job to my resume... that I was... yes indeed

you nazi you
      Monkey!!!

Comment

Would you like me to post other suggested improvements to the OP?

Happy to help.
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Apply for it if it's a dream job. Depending on the job, it can take months just to get through HR to the people who do the interviews and make the decision. If they like you they may wait a few more months. If not, what has it cost, an email and some anxiety.
          We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
          If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
          Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
            Should be: Job Ads. Spelling and grammar cound.

[/nazimode]

I usually check my post a little more carefully when calling others out.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post

I usually check my post a little more carefully when calling others out.
              Um, I was being ironic?

Comment

That's not irony, Alanis! [/nazi]
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Ah... drunk posting.
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

Anyone know anyone at Hospira, Inc.? Figure there's Chicago folk around here, and if I'm going to apply might as well see if there's an employee referral program. I'm qualified for the job and actually rather sane and serious about my work despite what I post here.

Anyway. PM me...

is this spam?
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

Physicists are considered to have started looking late if they start looking less than 6 months before they graduate.

JM
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN
                      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Japher View Post
                        I was meaning to add a job to my resume... that I was... yes indeed
                        And we're suppose to just take ur wurd for it?
                        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Job++
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Physicists are considered to have started looking late if they start looking less than 6 months before they graduate.
                            Here's how I see it:

it will take about 1-3 months to get a job that pays around $40,000
                            for each 10,000 or so over that add a month. So a job that pays around 100,000 would be 3 + 6 or 9 months.

That's in a good economy.
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X