Chicago Poly meet, first week of June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicago Poly meet, first week of June

I am probably going to be in Chicago the first week of June, visiting my brother before he moves to Minneapolis in the autumn.

So my questions:

1) Anyone around for a beer or three?
    2) The Hancock Tower looks bigger in real life than it does in this photo, right? It's been a while since I was last in Chicago.
    Attached Files
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Chicago

Unbelievable!

Comment

Is that Air Force One doing a photo-op in that last pic?
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

About where in the chicago area will you be?
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I'll be pretty central, less than 2km south of Wrigley Field.

Comment

Make sure to visit Number 10 Downing Street! It was once home to Al Capone and the Chicago Outfit.

Comment

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV View Post
              Make sure to visit Number 10 Downing Street! It was once home to Al Capone and the Chicago Outfit.
              And it's garage is where the St. Valentine's Day massacre happened.
              And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
                I'll be pretty central, less than 2km south of Wrigley Field.
                Hmm not close to downtown where I work or the burbs where I live.

Let us know time frames so we can see what can work out.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I don't see why I won't be going into the downtown area at some point. Name a bar or other establishment, I'll look it up on the map and can say yay or nay as a convenient place to go.

Best dates are probably 1st or 2nd of June, daytime or evening.
                  Last edited by Dauphin; May 12, 2009, 16:09. Reason: Changed dates to correct ones

Comment

Both snoopy and I work in the building above UNION STATION. It's usually easy for people to find. Meeting in a bar in the train station is pretty easy. There's one just off the grand hall. Maybe around 4 4:30 so it doesn't screw up your evening plans. It's a central place if others in the area want to join.
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
                      I don't see why I won't be going into the downtown area at some point. Name a bar or other establishment, I'll look it up on the map and can say yay or nay as a convenient place to go.
                      If you were planning on going to Sears Tower, Union Station is pretty much next to it.

If you go east a few hundred feet, Luke's serves a decent Italian beef sandwich

Comment

Dauphin in Chicago

Maybe we can get some of the other local tubbies to come out of the woodwork.

I'm pretty flexible, but June 2 is [s]bad[/s]out for me; that's the day my wife and daughter get back from Europe.

June 1st is cool.
                        Last edited by -Jrabbit; May 13, 2009, 00:03.
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Possibly.
                          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

For the last remaining traditional jazz bar in Chicago, go to the Green Mill.
                            be free

Comment

The Green Mill still rocks.

I used to go there in the late 70s and early 80s, before the hipsters discovered it. It was such a glorious old hole. Amazing old players you've never heard of -- perfect place to cool off after a long night at the punk clubs.
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
                              X