• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merci.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Viand is on my target list, but I haven't been yet. The food is supposed to be amazing.

Fogo de Chao is great, especially if you've never been to a Brazilian place. Bring a HUGE appetite, don't fill up on salad, and pace yourself. There will be literally be all the meat you can eat. Nothing especially "Chicago" about it, but if you don't have this in Columbus, go for it.

Ditka's is good and it's nice to say you've been there. Personally, I'd suggest any of a half-dozen premium steakhouses in the area as an alternative.

Haven't been to the others on that list.

I'm surprised you haven't yet been urged to go for "real Chicago pizza" yet. You'll be pretty close to a couple classic places for that.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

IF you go to the Billy Goat and can pronounce the owner's last name, you get a free cheezburger!
        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

The Billy Goat hasn't been any good since it turned into schtick. And the food was always craptastic.

But it's a cheap date at a pop culture icon.
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

To be honest, I've never been a huge "Chicago-style" pizza fan, but if the missus wants to go I'm game.

Thanks for the advice! Here's to hoping the hotel gets Versus so I can watch the game tonight.

Comment

Best of luck at auditions, Guy. Travel safe.

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                The Billy Goat hasn't been any good since it turned into schtick. And the food was always craptastic.

But it's a cheap date at a pop culture icon.
                I never said it was good. But you can say you were there.
                I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

***BUMP***

4:30 PM, Monday, June 1st, Union Station...

BE THERE
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

What's the name of the damned bar?

Comment

I is hoping it's "Metro Deli and Cafe", cos that's where I's gonna be.
                      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I'll be late, just so you know. Won't be until after 6.30, if I'm lucky.
                        B♭3

Comment

I actually could be there, but I'd have a 3 year old in tow.

Comment

It is a family place
                            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Thanks for the advice gentlemen, we enjoyed our stay in your lovely city. The wife twisted my arm into going to a Chicago-style pizza place (Giardino's, or something like that?), and my attitude regarding Chicago-style pizza has been adjusted accordingly.

Comment

Too bad you weren't in town for tonight's meeting.
                                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X