No announcement yet.

Picky Eaters.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been places where if I had stayed, I would have starved to death. As much as taste, is, I don't know right now what to call it, I usually do, consistency. That's not the word though. For instance, slimy food. I gag.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
      Tartar
      I agree. There are several great Italian dishes (mostly appetizers) which make use of extremely fresh raw meat thinly sliced and left to marinade in herbs and a citric acid base. They are very good.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
        I will not, under any circumstances, eat seafood.
        Damn, we have something in common.
        be free

Comment

no no no no Asher, you have it all wrong.

Asparagus AND mushrooms wrapped in bacon strips and BARBECUED.

Cut the Asparagus stalk into 3 even pieces, include a few mushrooms (I forget the name, its a long white skinny small one, Chinese I think). Wrap the bacon strip around it, put it on a stick to hold it together, add 2 more to the stick, place on BBQ, enjoy heaven.

This image doesn't show the mushroom, but it gives you the idea.
          be free

Comment

Where's my barf bucket? Where's the barf smiley?
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
              I agree. There are several great Italian dishes (mostly appetizers) which make use of extremely fresh raw meat thinly sliced and left to marinade in herbs and a citric acid base. They are very good.
              That's carpaccio. YUM!
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH View Post
                Always buy New Zealand lamb.
                I did. It tasted "fishy" to me.
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Sprayber View Post
                  So are there any seriously picky eaters on here? There are certain things that I don't like but when I am at someone's house I will eat most anything that they serve. My ex and the kids are some of the pickiest eaters I've ever seen. When going to a restaurant or drive through it's like torture trying to get all the orders out with the "don't want that on it" My girlfriend is the same freaking way. Don't want lettuce or tomatoes.

And what is this thing about not wanting food to touch? I mean somethings are best left separate but snarling the nose when the least little thing is out of place.

Is..your..ex..named.. Cathy?? My ex has done a lot of damage. I finally deprogrammed my kids problem with food touching, in fact, he now accepts the 5 second rule. I'm still working on the picky eating.

...and there is nothing on the planet you can wrap around asparagus to mask that taste.

Comment

There's loads of stuff that I don't like, but then my taste buds are turned up to 11. I happily eat simple fare that self-styled gastro-sophisticates turn their noses up at for being too bland.

I can't be arsed to do a full list here, but many evils have been mentioned. Worst is coriander (cilantro in the US) but also rhubarb, olives, celery, mushrooms are a problem for me. I'm not keen on sea-food either - it makes my throat close up.

Ham and Eggs

Comment

Green...
                      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

My wife was always a very picky eater. 7 or 8 years ago she got extensive allergy testing, and discovered she was allergic to all the foods she hated.

Some like the peanut allergy are potentially life-threatening.

Myself, I can eat almost anything.
                        And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

I'll try anything once ('cept gay sex).

If you don't like something here are my suggestions;
                          1. Add bacon
                          2. If that doesn't work add ranch dressing
                          3. If that doesn't work add garlic
                          4. If that doesn't work add bacon, ranch, and garlic
                          5. If that doesn't work add the bacon, ranch, and garlic to a head of lettuce and have a salad
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Supr49er View Post
                            My wife was always a very picky eater. 7 or 8 years ago she got extensive allergy testing, and discovered she was allergic to all the foods she hated.
                            I think this is the case with me some things in a mild way. The body thinks it is poison, and rejects it.

Comment

I hate vinegar. I can't stand anything with vinegar in it. Mustard, sushi, you name it. Don't even get me started on salt & vinegar potato chips.
                              John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Theben View Post
                                Force-feeding kids when they're young is a good way to ensure they will be picky eaters when they get older.
                                My experience was opposite. I wasn't "force fed" but I was expected to eat at least some of what was prepared for dinner. The only food I remember having serious trouble with was liver but I always managed to have some.

Today I will eat most anything although I certainly have preferences in what I will choose to buy/prepare myself. Even liver isn't as bad as I remember it being.

My younger siblings were exempt from this requirement (they are much younger than I) and are two of the pickiest eaters I know.
                                "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                                "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X